Weekly Dev Log for September 24th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for September 24th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of September 24th, 2018. Here’s what everyone was up to last week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

0.6.0.0 Progress

Trailer

@Madmijk has been working on the trailer for the new update.

New Appearance UI

@macdguy has been working on an overhaul to the existing Appearance UI to take into account Workshop Models. This new UI also allows the customization of items for Games, currently just Bowling. The rotating character system was completely reworked, and the appearance editor is no longer super offset in the main menu.

New Appearance UI: Body Tab

New Appearance UI: Color Tab

New Appearance UI: Games Tab

New Living Lobby Player Visualization

@macdguy also created a new visualization for the Living Lobby Players.

New Living Lobby Player Visualization

New Laser Pointer Item

A new laser pointer item was created, handy for showing players around your condo.

New Laser Pointer Item

Minigolf Changes

Hat offsets have been finalized and now glasses can be selected and applied to Minigolf balls. Also an issue with the Minigolf ball shadow drawing through the hats has been fixed.

Minigolf Changes: Glasses on Minigolf Balls

Minigolf Changes: Glasses Selection

Virus Changes

The “player was infected” messages have been moved to the kill feed, reload sounds (the programming side) were completed, and wearables now display inside Virus.

Virus Changes: Wearables

Workshop

Several bugs have been fixed with Workshop, as well as some major tests to iron out the system. The SDK Manual for Workshop was also finished.

Workshop Test

Plaza Events

The metal detector event was finished. Cool items can be found from participating in this event, such as Gold Catsacks.

Gameworlds Ports

At the end of a gameworld, the game will now send all the players back to the Gameworlds Port.

Weapons

Chris has continued working on weapons for Tower Unite, this week continuing work on the Vaporizer.

Vaporizer WIP

Vaporizer Wireframe WIP

Gizmos

Rob has been continuing his work on the Gizmos for the Condos.

Gizmo Progress

Arcade

@Johanna continued working on the new interior art for the Arcade.

New Items

@joshua has been working on new items, including a Poker Visor, regular Visor, Umbrella Hat and Propeller Hat.

Misc

Lifeless has continued working on Project ##.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened this week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

32 Likes

that new Appearance UI
OH YES

2 Likes

my god everything is amazing AAA i want this update

1 Like

Looks incredible! Can’t wait.

Prepare for Hype!

the cat pet should follow the laser pointer

6 Likes

Yes!

Yes YES YEEET

2 Likes

That Gizmo tool is looking slick.

2 Likes

I love the look of that appearance UI. So sleek.

2 Likes

Really good job!

Excited for this update!

2 Likes

Looks like its coming real soon!

1 Like

I say 9/28/2018 1 month after original prediction

this is by far the best picture i’ve ever seen

6 Likes

I wonder if its drivable? or its just a prop, wish it was drivable car that would feature 4 people to sit on that vehicle that would be H Y P E D!!!

5 Likes

I have my new backround

3 Likes

It’s for a character in the new update.

3 Likes

Workshop will improve the game a lot. Is it possible drivable cars, bikes, quads for condos so i can build my own stunt course or gta in smooth dirt :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Does this mean I won’t need to spend my entire life savings to potentially get a cosmic catsack?

6 Likes

6 Likes