Weekly Dev Log for October 15th, 2018

Weekly Dev Log for October 15th, 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for the week of October 15th, 2018. Here’s what everyone was up to last week! Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

0.6.1.0 and 0.6.1.1 Released

Over the past week, we released the Gizmo update (0.6.1.0) and the hotfix (0.6.1.1). There was also a couple small unannounced patches to 0.6.1.1 that fixed a few crashes.

Halloween Update

Work has begun on the Halloween Update. The Halloween Plaza will be making a return, as well as the re-introduction of the 2017 Halloween Items along with a couple new items.

Upgrade Progress

Work has also begun on Upgrades for the upcoming Upgrades System. Over the past week @Madmijk has been working hard on Minigolf trails.

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Bullet Time

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Sparkles

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Bubbles

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Laser

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Fire

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Fire 2

Minigolf Trail Upgrades: Electricity

Weapon Progress

Chris has continued working on Weapons for Tower Unite, this week completing the Tele-Punch.

Tele-Punch: Side Render

Tele-Punch: Side Render Wireframe

Misc

@Lifeless has continued working on Project 23.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened last week at PixelTail Games. See you all next Monday!

27 Likes

Well, that came out of nowhere.

Love the new trails!

2 Likes

Very happy to see Upgrades being worked on- and trails (and this video) are fantastic

2 Likes

Weapon Progress

Chris has continued working on Weapons for Tower Unite, this week completing the Tele-Punch.

Tele-Punch: Side Render

Tele-Punch: Side Render Wireframe

distant cliche war flashback noises are heard

7 Likes

Content like the Tele-Punch is what lets me know that TU has the best dev team it could possibly have. I don’t know if there’s a language with words to describe how perfect of an addition this is. How can it get any sillier than this??

3 Likes

ooooo yeaaaaaaaaaa

3 Likes

There goes me thinking these items would be rare in a few years.

1 Like

Can’t wait to telepunch someone across my condo the second they spawn in

2 Likes

Are you also the person who threw a shitfit when skull trooper was re-released in the item shop

No?

I’m way for items being brought back especially the 2017 ones as they were very very irritating to get, I just hope they aren’t TOO easy to get this year but still easier to get than last year. To avoid totally screwing over people who spent countless hours grinding for them. I just hope a better system is put in place for it. cough cough event currency/tokens cough cough

1 Like

Super awesome! I’m excited for the trails in mini golf, and of course, Project23

1 Like

can we please have a haunted version of the snail plush
basically like the crab one

4 Likes

Spoopy snail will haunt you forever and give you love and kindness and will make you happy forever

2 Likes

How did you even get the previous Halloween items? I’d like to know so I can prepare in advance, if possible.

2 Likes

it’s like the metal detector event, first, you go on the beach and collect these soul things, then you go to the center of the plaza and talk to an npc, they’ll give you a reward for each soul, mostly cauldrons and eyeballs, but i think you can get a nightmare crab, a ghost pet, and maybe even other really rare stuff

5 Likes

thanks!

1 Like

you’re welcome, good luck when the event starts

3 Likes

Laser looks good, like it comes from Gmod, and I like that