Weekly Dev Log for October 14th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for October 14th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for October 14th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since October 7th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.8.3.0 & Hotfix 0.8.3.1

Last week, we released Update 0.8.3.0 which came with Endless Poker, new Scoreboards and UI, and a countless number of changes. You can read the full list of features here.

Due to some issues with the update however, we released a hotfix on Saturday to fix some issues in the Plaza.

We’re planning on releasing another hotfix during the week to fix even more issues that the Saturday hotfix didn’t address.

Halloween Progress

@madmijk and @joshua worked on several Halloween items.

@Gloves worked on the Halloween wings, which are a cosmetic variant of the Jetpack. Demon, Bat, Angel, and Butterfly wings are planned.

Halloween Items WIP

Arcade Progress

@wheezwer continued working on art for “Gears of Coin”, and started working on the mural for the main arcade room.

@madmijk continued working on “Captain Calypso’s Planetary Piano”, selecting more melodies for the game.

Plaza Art

@Johanna worked on a detailing pass for the Nature Store.

Zombie Massacre: Acrophobia

@Lifeless continued working on Acrophobia.

Bug Fixes / Optimizations

@Sketchman looked in to various Bug Reports after the update was released, as well as fixing crashes that were discovered before the update was released. He helped the rest of the team on the search for the reason behind the Plaza collisions, as well as fixing various bugs for the next hotfix.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since October 7th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

33 Likes

nice work!, looks awesome.

2 Likes

Those Halloween items are looking good!

2 Likes

1 Like

This is what i like!
Any date yet ?

1 Like

Those wings!! I love them!!

3 Likes

beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love those wings :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

clcWrwx

That’s right spooky time, best time, here we go!

1 Like

Boo

2 Likes

Will these items only be available to grab during the halloween event, or will they remain available after the event ends?

Just wondering cus I’m in broken PC hell again lol

1 Like

You scared the crap outta me!

1 Like

I want those scythes and trident as weapons for SDNL :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Those scythes are :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Angel wings on halloween? I thought that christians can’t stand this holiday.

Loving the tail, would love some horns to go with it!

2 Likes

this ^^

Since this is my first Halloween in TU, I get to experience old and new Halloween content at the same time, neat

3 Likes

I missed last year’s.

I did buy the stuff available in the previous years event, but this could come in handy, assuming that the plaza frames thing gets fixed.

Where could we find these items when they are released?