Weekly Dev Log for November 12th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for November 12th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for November 12th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since November 4th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Halloween 2019 Events Update - Ending Soon!

The Halloween 2019 Event is running until November 16th (PDT)! It’s your last few days to get those event exclusive items! Remember, a few items will still be available in Celebrations once the event ends. You’ll also be able to spend your Ghoul Coins after the events with Lil’ Pup in the Celebrations.

0.8.4.2 Patch

Over the weekend we released a hot fix with several bug fixes, and a major change to Virus gameplay.
You can read more about it here: Steam :: Tower Unite :: Hot Fix 0.8.4.2

Arcade Progress

@macdguy worked on Arcade machine gameplay, as well as adding explanation screens for how to play each machine, the controls, improving networking/physics, and fine tuning the arcade systems. Work was also done on game type switching (difficulty settings, etc.).

Arcade items were defined on the item manifest.

@Madmijk continued to work on Planetary Piano.

@Will worked on Arcade music for Ring God and Avalanche.

@wheezwer worked on logos for Arcade machines.

@joshua made some Arcade plushies and additional items.

Avalanche Gameplay WIP (Music is placeholder)

Ring God Gameplay WIP (Screen is unfinished)

Tornado Gameplay WIP

(Really) WIP Game Type Switching (UI is unfinished)

Arcade Plushes

@joshua has been modelling Arcade plushes.

Game World Mutators

Work has begun on the mutator systems for Game Worlds. Work was done on the backend systems itself and networking.

Halloween Condo Contest Results

@ThisIsntNath’s Halloween Condo Contest came to a close, and we gave away prizes to three winners. Take a look at the thread to see all the spooky submissions.

Everything Else

@Sketchman continued working on the engine upgrade (4.19) and fixing some bugs.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since November 4th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

28 Likes

Ooh, small expensive drink cups!

9 Likes

Looks great!! Love the prizes and the games look fun- how many rings can you hold at a time for ring god?

1 Like

Five. You’ll also be able to toss all five at once, like a spread throw.

5 Likes

Oh no.

13 Likes

Oh YES

MMMmmmmm, this looks familiar I say, but its different, like its the opposite.

Maybe just my imagination.

1 Like

Just letting you guys know an error with the manifest:

Small Radio is classified as “Plushy”, while Muff Whale Plush isn’t (Just a mix-up between those rows).

(At least I assume that’s an error)

EDIT: Oh, and “Kamikaze Watermelon Plush” isn’t classified as “Plushy” either.

EDIT 2: “Salmon Says Toy” is a “Vehicle” (I really hope this isn’t an error)

1 Like

PIMP :clap: HAT

great update you guys

3 Likes

my shiny teeth and me~

8316a43017a94b9d6a9df605cf819128

Chip%20Skylark%20-%20My%20Shiny%20Teeth%20And%20Me%20(Official%20Music%20Video)%200-39%20screenshot

8 Likes

Hey, would you be able to add a feature to turn off the flashing lights in the game, I’m an epileptic who really enjoys the game and the arcade is an update I’m really looking forward too. So I would love to be able to enjoy it without the possibility of being hospitalized. Would be very much appreciated.

7 Likes

There better not be rocks in the snowballs >:(.

1 Like

Don’t worry, this will be a setting for Arcade.

5 Likes

:mag_right::eye: Oh?

3 Likes

My my my, this does intrigue me

Interesting… :eye::lips::eye:

1 Like

I hope this means TU is getting Fortnite’s improved dedicated server netcode soon, unless that’s a part of a later version

2 Likes

Looks like a big portion of them came out in 4.19 so it’s looking good on that front!

4 Likes

Absolutely love the plushes, can’t wait to collect and showcase them.

Without the fidget spinner that is.

2 Likes

Everybody : Oh great, showcases of arcade games and prizes!
Me, an Speedrunner : So you need place mouse in that place to get maximum points everytime you click mouse…

2 Likes