Weekly Dev Log for June 7th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for June 7th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for June 7th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since May 20th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Fishing Update and Hotfix

Last week, we released the Fishing update, which introduced the long awaited Fishing minigame playable in the Plaza, with over 100 fish and items to obtain. You can read about the update’s release here.

Yesterday, we released a small hotfix to fix some issues that were introduced with the Fishing update, which you can read about here.

New Artist

We hired a new artist for the summer, Wheezwer. She’ll be working on the cabinet artwork and sprites for the Arcade.

Arcade Work and Art

Now that Fishing is released, our focus has turned onto the Arcade.

@Johanna has started working on a new ring toss machine and a new ball toss machine, as well as working on the prize redemption desk.

Wheezwer completed work on the cabinet art for Whirl-A-Fish, and started working on the cabinet art for the claw machine.

@Gloves continued working on player animations for the Arcade, this week focusing on the animations for the Wack-a-mole machine.

@macdguy started working on the arcade game base (that handles all the machines gameplay code), mechanisms to debug the player animations, as well as starting work on the basic game loop and networking of game events.

Arcade: Whirl-A-Fish Artwork WIP

Arcade: Ring Toss Machine WIP

Arcade: Ball Toss Machine WIP

Arcade: Claw Machine Artwork WIP

Arcade: Prize Redemption Desk WIP

Arcade: Wack-a-mole Player Animations WIP

Arcade: Player Animation Debug WIP

Arcade: Game Base Testing WIP

Nightclub Art

@Johanna continued working on the interior of the nightclub.

Nightclub: Interior Hallway WIP

Nightclub: Hall to Dance Floor WIP

Nightclub: Dance Floor WIP

Playable Guitar Progress

@Madmijk has been working on the Playable Guitar, working on the user interface for storing chords and palettes.

Playable Guitar: Palette UI WIP

Accelerate Progress

Chris has been working on the vehicles for Accelerate, finishing the Race Car and starting work on the Go-Kart.

Accelerate: Race Car WIP

Accelerate: Go-Kart WIP

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since May 20th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

32 Likes

i hope theres a whackamole hammer as a milestone item so i can bash people over the head over AndrewWK music

10 Likes

God I’m so excited for the guitar

1 Like

The nightclub looking is looking sleek, and of course welcome Wheezwer!

3 Likes

Will we get anti-gravity tracks like Crash Nitro Kart?

Now this is looking great! The fishing update was awesome, Arcade/Nightclub/Accelerate will be just as awesome!!

1 Like

Words cannot express how pumped I am for the Arcade. Finally, I can get the Chuck E Cheese’s experience from the comfort of my own home and without the terrifying animatronics!

3 Likes

This is so epic!

1 Like

First thing I’ll do when the arcade mode pops up is specifically to hop in with a creepy mascot playermodel. Thanks for the idea.

1 Like

I hope drifting in accelerate is kind of like Crash Team Racing

1 Like

when I wake up and see a spider on my bed

14 Likes

Welcome Wheezwer!

Nice! Loving the arcade machines. Welcome to the new artist ;3
Side note, a racecar for accelerate? It looks really good, but I kinda liked it just being carts…

7 Likes

Woah, the progress already is absolutely amazing! You’re doing a great job Pixeltail, and we all know the arcade is going to be amazing. Keep it up, proud of you!

4 Likes

Love those new models.
Awfully curious about that one with the police looking lights.
Some type of gun gallery sorta game? (I can’t zoom and enhance the image enough to tell)
I remember a lot of mechanical ones of various sorts back in the day as rare as they were then.
Would be a joy to see them in Tower Unite.
Love the variety here, wasn’t expecting more than a few types but ya seem to have a good range here.
Hope one day multiplayer gun shooting games could be possible, no matter how simple.
I’m too excited for this update, hope to make my own to submit to the arcade if ever possible.

Pretty excited for Accelerated.
Surprised there’s a full car model, thought it was just gonna be go karts for whatever reason.
A lot more excited for it now.

Keep up the great work, glad to see such detailed updates.

3 Likes

Galaxy Police will be a shoot 'em up

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming, though a little confused.
Oh is that the scrolling (or single screen) video game style space shoot em up I heard about once?
That or you just mean “shoot 'em up” in a general sense?
Very different from the other machines if it relies on a screen but still looking forward to it.
Hope to see more in progress shots of that one then.

1 Like

we’ll have to see, but i’m pretty sure it’s going to be a bullet hell

2 Likes

I didn’t know we were getting realistic cars in accelerate! Amazing work devs

1 Like

Welcome to the greatest dev team ever, Wheezwer! Great job on the whirl-a-fish

Race car looking sick as well. Really hope we’re getting a load of different skins (perhaps custom placement of “sponsor” stickers in form of gamemode logos using the upgrade shop?)

1 Like