Weekly Dev Log for January 8th, 2019
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for January 8th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since December 31st, 2018. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.
Unlock effects, sounds, chat messages, a message popup, global chat support, and UI elements were finished for Achievements.
Achievements: Achievement Obtained WIP
Badges and Milestones
Dioramas for Ball Race and Minigolf were created this week, as rewards for various Milestones.
Dioramas: Ball Race WIP
Dioramas: Minigolf WIP
Throwable Bowling Ball / Pins
The Throwable Bowling Ball / Pins reward for Bowling Milestones was worked on as well.
Throwable Bowling Ball / Pins Milestone Reward WIP
A playable Knight from Little Crusaders was completed.
Playable Knight Milestone Reward WIP
The UI for Milestones was worked on as well, such as updates to the EXP bar.
Milestones EXP bar WIP 1
Milestones EXP bar WIP 2
Milestones EXP bar WIP 3
Toy Stop Plane
As work continues on Lobby 3, the plane decorations make a come back for use inside of the Toy Stop.
Toy Stop Plane Decoration WIP
Bug Fixes and Changes
- Certain items had their networking reduced by disabling their ability to be always net relevant.
- Hard references to character player model assets in the character were removed, which results in faster loading times.
- The base character actor was reworked to remove the need for the female player model to be referenced, which results in faster loading times.
- Fixed an issue where player models would revert to the default female player model.
- Completely reworked the way player models are set, resulting in cleaner code and better handling of async loading.
- Potions will no longer kill the player if they try to resize and there is an object restricting them, instead it will disable the potion and notify the player.
- The size of the jetpack trail was reduced.
Tower Unite & Steam Play
Tower Unite is now playable again on Linux using Steam Play. You can read more about it here.
Wrap It Up
That about covers everything that happened since December 31st, 2018 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!