Weekly Dev Log for January 8th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for January 8th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for January 8th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since December 31st, 2018. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Achievements

Unlock effects, sounds, chat messages, a message popup, global chat support, and UI elements were finished for Achievements.

Achievements: Achievement Obtained WIP

Badges and Milestones

Dioramas

Dioramas for Ball Race and Minigolf were created this week, as rewards for various Milestones.

Dioramas: Ball Race WIP

Dioramas: Minigolf WIP

Throwable Bowling Ball / Pins

The Throwable Bowling Ball / Pins reward for Bowling Milestones was worked on as well.

Throwable Bowling Ball / Pins Milestone Reward WIP

Knight

A playable Knight from Little Crusaders was completed.

Playable Knight Milestone Reward WIP

UI

The UI for Milestones was worked on as well, such as updates to the EXP bar.

Milestones EXP bar WIP 1

Milestones EXP bar WIP 2

Milestones EXP bar WIP 3

Toy Stop Plane

As work continues on Lobby 3, the plane decorations make a come back for use inside of the Toy Stop.

Toy Stop Plane Decoration WIP

Bug Fixes and Changes

• Certain items had their networking reduced by disabling their ability to be always net relevant.
  • Hard references to character player model assets in the character were removed, which results in faster loading times.
  • The base character actor was reworked to remove the need for the female player model to be referenced, which results in faster loading times.
  • Fixed an issue where player models would revert to the default female player model.
  • Completely reworked the way player models are set, resulting in cleaner code and better handling of async loading.
  • Potions will no longer kill the player if they try to resize and there is an object restricting them, instead it will disable the potion and notify the player.
  • The size of the jetpack trail was reduced.

Tower Unite & Steam Play

Tower Unite is now playable again on Linux using Steam Play. You can read more about it here.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since December 31st, 2018 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

22 Likes

i see that diorama idea came in

3 Likes

Hearing SUNSHINE DAY gave me a really big feeling of nostalgia.

10 Likes

oh i just noticed the dogbag in the plane, hell yes

1 Like

dogsacks confirmed!

god if they were just decorative i’d be fine with that
this game is too cat oriented :frowning:

1 Like

ow my ears… i was wearing headphones while watching the sunshine day video…

Oh boy. This just is getting me more and more prepared. Expect more TU videos? Or more? Who knows.

Whatever the outcome is, I’m always ready. SUNSHINE DAY!

i have been waiting for this and i love it thank you

Woah. That Ballrace Diorama with the Pyramid, is that dynamic or three different preset animations for variety? Either way thats some great detail!

1 Like

It seems like it’s going to be dynamic.

2 Likes

It’s dynamic.

3 Likes

I’ve never been happier to hear Sunshine day again.

2 Likes

That’s incredible! In the post Carbon quoted you said you might explore more later, Please do! I’d love to have a bunch of knick-knacks like that. Anything to make condos and furniture more interactive.

1 Like