Weekly Dev Log for February 26th, 2024

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for February 26th, 2024, detailing all the changes that have happened since February 20th, 2024. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

February 2024 Condo Contest (Kitchen) - Now Voting

Hey everyone!

The theme of this month’s contest is Kitchen!

Make or decorate a kitchen! The submission should be something that was made after the contest was announced.

The submission period has ended! Thank you so much to everyone who participated.

You can vote for your favorite submissions here!

Voting ends 11:59PM on Monday, February 26th, 2024.

Workshop SDK: Mover Tools

We’ve got even more things to show off with the Mover Tools this week!

Pause

You can now pause all movers so you can adjust the items, then resume the movers. This is an admin button that requires the surface/IO permission to use.

Face Towards

Mover “Face Towards” feature completed. This is a rotation mode all movers have that will make the mover face towards another item.

I/O GOTO Input

It’ll travel to any relative position from where the mover item is placed.

Movers Misc

In anticipation for the Mover Train item: A new Coaster Seat item that comes with a few settings.

You can now export and import spline data, which will be useful if you want to share spline paths with other players or to back them up.

Condo

We also have some miscellaneous condo features to show off.

Location Volume

This is a new volume that comes with various permission settings and a way to label locations in your Condo.

Condo I/O Debugger

We made a new IO debugger tool. It’s basic at the moment, but still very useful. You can now simulate Inputs and Outputs directly from the item edit menu. This will help assist you in figuring out the flow of your IO, such as testing if your OnOpen works, or what happens when a relay is called by a button - without the need of setting up buttons.

VCR & BruRay Player

They now work. We also added more admin control over individual media players.

Particle / FX Selector

Will come with a bunch of particle FX. Has Condo IO support for Playing and Stopping FX. IO inputs will be compatible with the existing FX items as well.

Miscellany

@Johanna continued working on the Minigolf SDK, while also working on getting things settled with the engine upgrade.

@Lifeless worked on fixing art issues with the engine upgrade, while also working on Ball Race: Eruption.

@macdguy worked on more mover tools for the Workshop SDK, as well as various Condo features, and getting things settled with the engine upgrade.

@Nuclearxpotato worked on new items and models.

@Sketchman worked on fixing issues with the engine upgrade.

@Wheezwer worked on banners for upcoming weekend events and made a new calendar for March.

@Will worked on music for SDNL.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since February 20th, 2024 at PixelTail Games.

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

If you like our game and want to support development, please consider getting a Supporter Pack:
Tower Unite - Supporter Pack

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

26 Likes

Ooh Keen to get my fingers on all the new Condo things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

location volume god bless

4 Likes

particle selector is my new fav thing ever, thank you guys i’ve been hoping for something like that :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

allow jetpack volumes will be sick!
jumpscare potential with show nametags will be crazy too lmao cant wait

edit: the face towards video embed doesnt work for me, but i can open the youtube video still. that looks crazy. will there be an option to face towards nearest player?

edit2: will face towards/movement in general work for volumes? it would be cool to make spinning damage volumes to simulate spinning traps, or sync it up with a workshop npc to simulate getting spotted/shot/whatever

1 Like

Yea not loading for me either :upside_down_face:

The potential of condos is just exploding with these awesome new tools, so absolutely insane. Incredible work!

4 Likes

These developments are insane. I am so excited for these new tools, specifically the mover path and location volumes. Great work!

Also are movers synced between users? As in what I see is exactly what other people in the condo see. Also does it work with late joiners too, if a mover was already in progress?

2 Likes

Just want to know if the VCR and Blu-ray player could play local video files? I really hope I can play PS SRW game in the condo while the Transformers G1 animation (that’s not on YouTube) playing on the TV set next to me…

“Face Towards” video should work now, sorry about that.

4 Likes

Yes they are synced with other players and will sync for late joiners.

7 Likes

Impressive! Looking forward to enhance even more our condos with these new IO systems.

2 Likes

…EVEN THE COASTER SEATS!!!
:face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Mindblowing. I cant wait.
Is there a rough estimate what amount of items the mover can handle without lagging to much?

1 Like

it should not lag at all afaik

source?

1 Like