Weekly Dev Log for February 1st, 2021

Weekly Dev Log for February 1st, 2021

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for February 1st, 2021, detailing all the changes that have happened since January 25th, 2021. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.13.4.1

Once Update 0.13.4.0 was released, we started working on Update 0.13.4.1. This update will include an overhaul to the Condo canvas system, which now will have a default (player-customizable) list of image hosting providers. Players can choose to add or remove image provider domains to this list, and will be warned when entering a condo that has canvases that are hosted on image hosts that aren’t trusted. You can read more about this upcoming update here.

Update 0.13.4.0

Last week, we released Update 0.13.4.0, which included the first 9-holes of the new Minigolf map, “Dark”. You can read more about this update here.

January 2021 Condo Contest Ends

The January 2021 Condo Contest has ended, and congratulations to “Tipper”, “Plasma”, and “muntyStain” for their first, second, and third place wins! You can view the submissions here.

Accessibility Suggestions

We’ve created a forum post asking the community for suggestions on how we can improve gameplay for players with certain conditions such as colorblindness, dyslexia, or anything else that might affect a players ability to use the standard presentation and controls of the game.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, and possible solutions on how to solve a particular issue, please check out the forum post here.

Arcade: Phase 2

@Johanna worked on the sign for “Prismatic”, created the machine model for another coin pusher named “Coin River”, and worked on the machine model for “Ultimate Cow Wheel”.

@Wheezwer worked on art for the various coin pusher machines.

@Will worked on music for “Coloracle” and “Prismatic”, as well as finishing all of the sounds for “Prismatic”.

Arcade: “Prismatic” Sign WIP

Arcade: “Coin River” Coin Pusher Machine WIP

Arcade: “Ultimate Cow Wheel” Prize Pusher Machine WIP

Condo Canvas System Overhaul

@macdguy worked on overhauling the Condo Canvas System. The new system will include a default list of approved image hosts, which can be modified by the player if they choose to add or remove domains. Upon entering a condo, the player will be warned of any canvases which are hosted on image host that isn’t in their approved list.

Reorganized Canvas Parental Controls WIP

Blocked Canvas Notification WIP

Upgrades

@macdguy worked on hooking up the upgrade items.

Ball Race Upgrades WIP

Minigolf Upgrades WIP

Slaughterday Night Live

@macdguy worked on implementing the Super Shotty.

@Sketchman worked on a zipline mechanic that will also be a condo item.

SDNL: Super Shotty WIP

Miscellany

Chris finished working on a truck model which will not only be used in Accelerate, but as a prop for future maps.

@joshua continued working on the model for the Condo Tool Glove, which will be the replacement for all of the individual Condo tools.

@Lifeless worked on a few fixes for the Minigolf map, “Dark”.

@macdguy worked on re-designing the Tower Unite website.

@Madmijk continued working on fixes for “Planetary Piano”.

@Sketchman looked into optimizations to the backend systems, and is working on identifying and fixing crashes.

@Wheezwer worked on concept art for Plaza NPCs, started redesigning the Virus infected model, and finished revising the pine tree material.

Condo: Tool Glove Animations WIP

Accelerate: Truck Model

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since January 25th, 2021 at PixelTail Games. We’ll see you all next week!

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

We’re also active on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PixelTailGames

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

28 Likes

I need the tool glove in my life :drooling_face:

5 Likes

i cannot begin to word my excitement

2 Likes

cool

I missed you so much

4 Likes

I’m glad for these devlogs, so much radio silence on the Trello.

1 Like

Condo: Tool Glove Animations WIP

I love the Tool Glove…

It’s so bad

The Power Glove (NES) - Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) 0-50 screenshot

just kidding it’s amazing~

5 Likes

i fucking love the cow wheel.

2 Likes

Upgrades: Dope dope dope dope dope

Cow Wheel: Lives up to the name, Cow and Wheel perfectly harmonised under one entity. I have no idea what I’m even looking at. Is it a coin pusher?

Condo Glove: I am awaiting the arrival of this. The savior of Hotbars. How will it be used, are the tools selected from the Condo Q Menu or is it a self-contained unit?

Cow Wheel is supposed to be legally distinct Zombie Snatcher i think

truck model…
ETS2

1 Like

oooh
Yeah looking at gameplay on YouTube, all the parts seem to be there. I really hope the point pucks are little cow pies.

That Super Shotty footage :drooling_face: I’m so looking forward to SDNL

1 Like

So excited for both upgrades and SDNL. Mutators next?

2 Likes

Very excited for wheel of cow. I really like this devlog overall

1 Like

Again with over the top product placements on vehicles, but hey, everything looks good, nice job.

I can’t believe the Truck from Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is finally in Tower Unite.

2 Likes

Woahh. Super excited for the ball race additions!

1 Like

neato

5 Likes