Weekly Dev Log for December 19th, 2022

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for December 19th, 2022, detailing all the changes that have happened since December 13th, 2022. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Accessibility Suggestions

We’ve created a forum post asking the community for suggestions on how we can improve gameplay for players with certain conditions such as colorblindness, dyslexia, or anything else that might affect a players ability to use the standard presentation and controls of the game.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, and possible solutions on how to solve a particular issue, please check out the forum post here.

Holiday Update

We’re currently wrapping up work on the upcoming Holiday Update, which will bring with it the initial release of Condo I/O, along with a yet to be announced Condo feature. You can read everything slated for this update here.

@Johanna finished up the Holiday Plaza, as well as fixing various bugs.

@joshua continued working on Holiday items and furniture.

@Nuclearxpotato continued working on Holiday items.

Holiday Items

Condo I/O

The Holiday Update brings with it the initial release of Condo I/O.

@macdguy worked on finishing up the initial release of Condo I/O, fixing internal bugs and making a bunch of volumes.

Condo I/O: Player Damage/Heal Volume

Condo I/O: Player Size Volume

Condo I/O: Player Push Volume

Condo I/O: Player Movement Volume

Condo I/O: Trigger Volume Settings

Condo I/O: Relay Node

Condo I/O: Buttons in Shapes

Miscellany

@Lifeless continued working on game world maps.

@Madmijk worked on the Playable Guitar, along with the Condo I/O keypad and the dreidel Holiday item.

@Sketchman worked on backend improvements and fixes.

@Wheezwer started working on a mural for Typing Derby.

@Will continued working on music and sounds for SDNL.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since December 13th, 2022 at PixelTail Games. See you all in 2023!

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

We’re also active on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PixelTailGames

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

23 Likes

Moon moon button for the friggen win! :full_moon_with_face::crescent_moon:

this is sick. player movement and size fields are unexpected and awesome. cant wait to make a confusing, trolly, hellscape

is there going to be i/o controls to turn canvases on and off? that would be nice for jump scares

4 Likes

Every item has Hide/Unhide events built in. You can use this to toggle platforms, toggle canvases, toggle walls, etc.

2 Likes

Is there gonna be an io option to change the time of day? (sun to day and moon for night)

1 Like

This is amazing, thank you guys so much. Condo I/O is going to open so many posibilities, I can’t wait for more!!!

1 Like

There’s a “World Control Module”, which is described as “A module that affects all players or the Condo itself”, which sounds like something that’d be able to adjust environment settings like that. (not sure if that’s a phase 1 thing or not though)

This looks great. Super hyped for Condo IO, but are the buttons recolorable/customizable in any way?

EDIT: Unrelated to that but the holiday items looks amazing as well.

1 Like

Perfect

Yes, there will be two ways soon. You’ll have a Day/Night Volume that will override the Day/Night settings while in the Volume. This one is useful for setting the mood within a room or area.

You’ll also have Day/Night Module that will allow you to adjust Day/Night settings in general or with IO events.

3 Likes

Those are all the same base item, you can choose the shape similar to Item Variations. You can colour the button and the base bit.

1 Like

Nice! That’s great for making buttons more thematically consistent to your condo.

1 Like

“No-one is allowed to enter my condo until we have 64 players standing in the same place.”

4 Likes

It’s finally happening…

5 Likes

Question, is the move volume able to move physics items and not just the player?

If so, can there be a toggle to make it so you can choose if physics items or players are effected?

All Volumes that aren’t player specific volumes (Damage/Health, Gravity, Size, Player Movement Volumes) have filter options.

So the Push Volume has a setting to disable pushing players and only pushing physics.

3 Likes

Jokes aside having a required player amount would be great for some lobby for a multiplayer adventure map/condo that needs 2+ players.

2 Likes

It already has one tho, that’s what they’re pointing out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

so hyped for condo I/O.

just hoping i can make my “deathrun” gamemode with all the things that are in it :thinking:

1 Like

just hoping i can make my “deathrun” gamemode with all the things that are in it :thinking:

Would probably be possible based on the information we have. Only issue I’d see is if it is not possible to disable collision it might be a bit problematic. We still don’t know (to my knowledge) if hiding an object fully disables it or if it’s just visual. I’m hoping we can full on disable an object instead of just affecting visibility.

Other than that I think with some creativity you could do full deathrun gamemode with your friends or entirely new ones with enough creativity.

1 Like