Weekly Dev Log for April 20th, 2020

Weekly Dev Log for April 20th, 2020

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for April 20th, 2020, detailing all the changes that have happened since April 13th, 2020. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Arcade Hotfixes 0.9.0.2 and 0.9.0.3

Last week, we released two more hotfixes to add some optimizations, fix some bugs, improve / change Arcade gameplay, and other miscellaneous changes. You can click these two links to see what changed in both Hotfix 0.9.0.2 and Hotfix 0.9.0.3.

Accelerate

Now that most of the issues have been resolved with the Arcade update, it’s full steam ahead on Accelerate.

@Johanna continued working on the art for the various maps, creating custom tree assets and adjusting lighting.

@joshua continued working on the Taxi.

@Lifeless continued working on the map, “Bedzoom”.

@macdguy worked on getting the kart physics and handling down, while also creating systems to handle Kart Drifting, Boost Pads, and working on the overall game loop.

@Wheezwer worked on a carpet asset for “Bedzoom”, while creating a texture for the tree assets.

Accelerate Early Gameplay Test WIP

Accelerate Kart Physics WIP

Accelerate Kart Drifting WIP

Accelerate Kart Drifting w/ Boost WIP

Accelerate Boost Pads WIP

Plaza Improvements

@Johanna continued working on the new item previews that are themed for each store inside of the plaza.

Themed Item Previews for Plaza WIP

Achievement Icons

@Sketchman worked on improving some of the old achievement icons.

New Waterhole Achievements (Waterhole Completed & Waterhole Mastered) WIP

Miscellany

@Caboose700 finished setting up the code and infrastructure for the new Server Browser, getting it ready for it to be integrated into the game.

@Johanna continued working on the condo item improvements.

@joshua fixed some bugs with various items.

@Madmijk worked on bugs with Planetary Piano, and fixed an issue where Laser Projector beams would go invisible.

@ThisIsntNath worked on an update trailer for Tower Unite which includes footage of the Arcade.

@Sketchman worked on optimizations for Planetary Piano, fixed some internal bugs, and continued looking into lighting issues with Workshop Static Meshes.

@Wheezwer continued working on the Steam Trading Cards.

@Will continued working on music and sounds.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since April 13th, 2020 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

kofisupport

PatreonSupport1

Redbubble

31 Likes

second

1 Like

CNJotwQUwAEVP6H

Me when accelerate comes out

9 Likes

Accelerate is coming along nicely! Great job with all the progress, can’t wait for the updates!

7 Likes

Accelerate looks incredible, can’t wait to see how the physics/handling work! Looks like an even faster MK8.

6 Likes

Nobody’s doing the unfinished Arcade games yet?

4 Likes

Now imagine the car workshop avatar… driving a kart… :thinking:

7 Likes

Accelerate is looking great so far! I really hope it’ll have gamepad support though, keyboard controls for driving are kind of a pain IMO.

2 Likes

My thoughts as well. Guessing they’re taking a break to not exhaust themselves in the same environment.

Accelerate’s early stages look great! Can’t wait to see how it continues to develop.

The arcade was planned to come in phases. The first phase has a huge amount of content, and took a large chunk of time, so it makes sense for gameworlds to get some attention now. I believe the devs have said they may trickle arcade games in here and there though.

6 Likes

The shop previews are gorgeous! I’m looking forward to that~

4 Likes

tumblr_4aaa10d5ad10e6fe171be0414fb2ec48_6b76cc5e_640

4 Likes

bruh

Accelerate is definitely reminding me of the old ToonTown and when they had racing. Can’t wait to actually play Tower Unite’s version.

2 Likes

OMG :exploding_head: it’s racetimeeeeeeeee!
Will karts be customizable too?

1 Like