Videos not loading after pasting them only sound coming through

Before replying to this thread I would like to note that i read every article on this issue and tried every “solution” it has not worked. The videos were playing before but suddenly now they are not the sound comes through but the video itself get stuck at loading. I have restarted and tried all sorts of other tricks that i thought might work but no luck one of my favorite things to do in this game is to play videos through the tv and other media devices please help me troubleshoot this problem as its ruining my experience :C

Update your Flash player.

This may seem stupid, but are you using the Linux beta? Because that is a problem with the game itself.

If you don’t use that, then I don’t know anything.

I was going to post about this but wasn’t sure where to put it. This is affecting a number of users across Steam currently and is possibly due to a recent Steam update. You’ll probably also find that youtube videos won’t work in the Steam overlay web browser either. As far as I can find no fix has been figured out as of yet but it seems to be affecting other users too. I imagine not many people have picked up on it yet because the volume of people who use the ingame browser for youtube/the amount of people who play TU isn’t a big part of the Steam userbase. I believe it also affects Steam’s broadcasting feature which hopefully means Valve will be quick to fix it.

Here’s a link to the largest current Steam thread on the issue: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/558748653728030232/#c135512625256347204

1 Like

Quick update to anyone googling this issue. This particular issue was fixed in the last Steam update.

1 Like