Videos are not loading properly

For the past 2 days videos have not been loading for me, the sound loads perfectly and I can hear videos, however I cannot see or watch them as it gives me a black screen with a frozen buffering symbol.
I have tried turning the media device on and off again, verified my game cache, messed with almost every single graphical setting, but nothing fixes it.
I have had the game for almost a week now and they were working perfectly fine for the first few days, but now it doesn’t.

Thanks for reading.

Someone has mentioned this is a Steam bug. We use Steam to power the media player.

There may be fixes on the Steam forums, but they are unconfirmed so far.

Ah, I see
Thanks for the reply.
Hopefully Valve fixes this soon.

So after looking further into this problem I found that they issued a beta update to steam earlier today that fixes the problem.

Thanks for letting me know it was a problem on Steam’s end as I probably wouldn’t have been able to find this.

And for anyone else that is having these same problems all you have to do is click on Steam in the top left, then click on Settings, and under Account you change your beta participation to the Steam beta. Also don’t forget to change back after the fix is on the non-beta version of Steam.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.