TrackMania Skins Revamped

Four years ago, I revealed a trio of TrackMania vehicle skins, one for each of the available TrackMania 2 cars. After a while, I felt like I could do better. A new environment was introduced as well, and with it came a new vehicle. So, I went ahead and revamped my TU skins to look better than they had before.

Just like before, it wasn’t a particularly difficult process. I used the in-game car painter and some custom converted stickers to steal use official assets (and that cute birb pic @SpongePierre made here) to throw everything together. And then I just kinda used them for a couple years without publicly posting them because I wanted to make a showcase video that just kinda never happened. So, uh, sorry about that.

With the new art contest being hosted, I figured I’d at least grab some nice screenshots and finally show off what I’d made so long ago (though, since all of these were made before the contest was revealed, they can’t actually be entered into it). That means that I’ve got four fancy skins for the current TM2 environments, free to download and use as you desire. All that said, though, there is one thing to note…

TrackMania still has 6 other environments.

Just a couple days ago, I figured I might as well finally sit down and throw together some TU themed skins for the original vehicles. The skins I had been using were so very old, so it was about time I updated their looks. They aren’t as polished as the TM2 vehicles, but I still think they look decent enough to be presentable. This means that I’ve got 10 different skins for you to show off your TU pride with in a niche and kinda dying racing game. Each of them has both a skin and a locator (if you want the skins to show up online). Below you’ll see a selection of pictures showcasing each skin. In addition, you can see these skins in action on my YouTube track showcases. Well, that should be enough text; have a look at the skins!

TrackMania 2
Canyon
Skin
Locator

Stadium
Also works with the original Stadium environment!
Skin
Locator

Valley
Skin
Locator

Lagoon
Skin
Locator

TrackMania United
Desert
Skin
Locator

Snow
Skin
Locator

Rally
Skin
Locator

Coast
Skin
Locator

Bay
Skin
Locator

Island
Skin
Locator

Thanks for checking these skins out! There’s definitely far more professional stuff available, but I enjoy having a set of skins I can call my own. Not that I own any of the images or properties used, but hey! I threw them together. Just one last thing to note: if you do use these skins, try not to go TU-F4ST!

13 Likes

off topic, but have you heard of Horizon Chase Turbo? I know you like racing games and I’ve been really enjoying it

I hadn’t heard of it. It looks slick, but I’m not sure that it’s my kind of racing game. I can be a bit particular about what I like in racing games, though I do love the art style and the music (at least in the trailer I watched) sounds fantastic.

it’s more arcade-y, which I prefer, I definitely recommend it

Yo sweet skins. I should revist Trackmania sometimes I really loved those games

(@Umbra Sorry to get the tread off topic again but if you’re interested in arcadey racers Racing Apex is an upcoming game which tries to capture the feel of all those low poly 90s arcade racing games)

Really looking forward to this because it’s style is just so bold and reminiscent of stuff like Virtua Racing

1 Like

Wow, those car skins are SO insanely cool!