The uPhone (125+ Votes!)

A unique item which makes the life of Tower Unite easier for the players.
I bring you the…

http://i.imgur.com/6XjAao9.png

A purchasable item which allows you to unlock awesome features including the following:

Requests
Player 1 opens the uPhone and goes to the request section. He/She can choose to accept or deny the requests sent from other players on the server. Requests like Tracking Request etc.

Tracking
With this uPhone you have the feature to send a tracking request to a player. This allows Player 1 to see where Player 2 is currently located if Player 2 accepts the request.

Call
You have the feature to call a player on the server using the Contacts list. All players is stored there with their in-game name. Once Player 1 have selected to call Player 2, Player 2’s uPhone pops-up and the Callers In-game name is displayed. Player 2 can choose to Hang up or Answer the call.

If Player 1 gets too annoying and keeps on calling, Player 2 have the option to Block Player 1 from the Contacts List and he/she wont recieve any more calls & Messages from him/her anymore.

(This feature is good if you are out of the voice chat radius limit) (for example Player 1 is in the middle of the ocean, player 2 is at the plaza.)

Pictures & Videos
This feature allows you to send Selfies, Pictures & 5 Second Videos to other players.
With a little inspiration from Snapchat you will also be able to add text to the picture or video.

Remote
This will only work once in your condo. This feature allows you to open a map that will have a view from above your condo. You will have the ability to click on the map and select which room you would like to use the feature in. Once you have selected a room, you select for example one of your lamps, electronics etc, you would like to remotly turn on/off using your phone.

Speakers
With this feature you will have to purchase Speakers to put in your Condo, Connect your uPhone with the Speaker and invite some friends over to listen to some dope music.

Delivery
Online Shopping Feature which makes it easier for you to bring items to your condo.
Once you have purchased an item, Within 1 - 2 minutes the doorbell rings and a box will be spawned on your doorstep with the item inside. (Keep in mind that the price is slightly higher compared to the stores that are located in the plaza)

Real Time Clock
With this nice little touch you will be able to see the current time of where you live in real life.
It will be displayed at the top of the uPhone.

Community Suggestions
Along with the community’s suggestions for the uPhone, we will be able to improve it even more with neat features.

Suggestion 1: Games (The player will be able to play some small games like Space Invaders etc. for a small amount of units.)

NOTE: If a Player hasn’t bought a uPhone yet, He/she wont be listed in the contacts list etc.

Spoiler Click Below

This idea was inspired by the mobile function in the game GTA V (Grand Theft Auto 5)

By Clicking the VOTE button at the top left corner, you’re increasing the chance of the uPhone getting implemented in to the game!

21 Likes

i like the idea but the charging idea doesnt really seem necessary

11 Likes

Its just a small little touch which improves the realistic part of it.
It will not take as long as it does charging a real life phone.

(Makes it a little bit more time consuming which is good)

In real life you do look at your battery pretty often and want it fully charged as much as possible.

i fucking love this idea but the charging thing really kills it

also

steam music bruh

1 Like

well then. I will remove them both.
Just though it would be a nice little touch :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This a fantastic idea! Also, why not have small apps on the phone you can play for a small amount of Units?

Yeah maybe :smiley:
We do have the Arcade Games though.

But maybe some small games wouldn’t be so bad after all.

I really hope this gets considered by the developers!

We all do Postino… We all do.

Remote
This will only work once in your condo. This feature allows you to open a map that will have a view from above your condo. You will have the ability to click on the map and select which room you would like to use the feature in. Once you have selected a room, you select for example one of your lamps, electronics etc, you would like to remotly turn on/off using your phone.

Good but I believe this feature would fit better in the Condo Management options.

Speakers
With this feature you will have to purchase Speakers to put in your Condo, Connect your uPhone with the Speaker and invite some friends over to listen to some dope music.

We already have Speakers that can be bought in the Central Circuit, but yeah, with your idea they could eventually become media players under the condition that the owner of the condo has the uphone, why not ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The rest of it sounds pretty neat, just an advice though: I didn’t see the whole charging thing but as realistic as you want your idea to be, remember that TU is a game where players must not be forced to perform specific actions (i.e eating/drinking etc.). It’s a game where you’re 100% free to decide what you want to do without any constraints like what you had in mind.
The bottom line is, TU can be realistic, but if we follow your logic then I shouldn’t leave the fridge in my Condo open for too long, otherwise the food becomes ruined, the fridge stops functioning normally and I’d need to buy a new one (I’m probably overthinking it but you get the idea :stuck_out_tongue: )

This ain’t realistic unless I have to wait in a 20 hour queue.
But in seriousness this is a really cool suggestion, hope to see this being added.

1 Like

Yes.

MacDroid is better, you know that right? It is more advanced. The new MacDroid 2.2 FoohyCake update allows the phone to be your personal assistant and clean up your cat sack’s litterbox when you are not in your condo. Guugle is going to change the way we play Tower some day.

4 Likes

Jesus… I told you all that i removed the charging feature… Why do you brig it up?

Thanks for the feedback anyways, :slight_smile:

1 Like

This certainly sounds like a good idea! That spoiler saying that this whole idea was inspired by the phone stuff from GTA V is what got this suggestion my vote

maybe small games like space invaders

I love this idea. You got my vote!

Having a phone would be pretty awesome. Being able to send pictures to people could potentially be open for abuse, but still pretty hilarious. There would probably need to be some way to block people from sending you pictures and calls and stuff. That should be doable though.

1 Like

I was thinking more like sending a friend request to a player. Once accepted. The players will be allowed to send pictures to each other.

While that might help with random harassment, that still doesn’t really stop or prevent abuse. Someone could send a friend request to a younger player pretending they just want to be friends or play a game, and then proceed to send them dirty pictures or w/e. Also some people might invite spam and etc:

There was already a “friends list” thing inside of Gmod Tower that was independent of Steam Friends and it was kinda annoying having to be constantly making changes to both lists. Plus the concept of a friends lists for a phone doesn’t really make sense compared to real phones. I can call people in china regardless of whether or not they want me to. I just need to know their phone number. There are positives and negatives to this system, but I guess it would be kinda cool if we had some kind of phone number system.

I could imagine this working: Players could register a “Phone Number” to their phones. When adding someone to your “Friends”, it adds their “Phone Number” to your phones “Phone Book”. It would be cool if we could still use the phone to call people we don’t know and are not “friends” with however. Like if someone registered 123-456-7890, and you send a text to that number… The person who receives the number gets your text and sees your number as well. With caller ID filling in the players name if they are “friends” and have their number in their phone book.

This all seems like a lot of work however. :smile:

2 Likes

Wait, You really think that you will be able to take in real life pictures? haha
No. Take pictures from the game.

You pick up your phone in the game and take a picture on your condo or whatever.
Same with videos & selfies.