The settings have reset, Textures changed and everything is brighter

I’m writing this post with a translator to explain a problem I ran into today.

After turning on my computer, I proceed to launch Tower Unite. The game opens, and as I do so my computer goes into a blue screen.

Now, I’m pretty sure this isn’t related to Tower because it’s happened many times with my other programs too.

The problem is that when I turn the computer back on and restart the game, initially everything seems normal, but then I realize that all the game settings have been reset: all the players in the blacklist have disappeared, the quality of the graphics, my personal preferences… everything reset like when I opened the game for the first time.

Even objects like the Text Hat reset, the text and colors disappeared and I had to put them back.

After having put all the settings in place by memory, I enter my Condo and I notice something that I dont know how to explain:

all the textures of the condo are of high quality, even too high: I was used to seeing the “flat” textures for some reason, now I see practically all of them in relief.
When a light reflects against it, I can perfectly see all the relief in a “realistic” way while I was used to a much flatter look.

For example, while previously only some textures in the “metal” section actually had a metallic effect, now even textures that didn’t have it before have it.

Furthermore, all the condos I have visited, including mine, are much brighter than before. And when I lower the gamma in the settings, it has a strange effect where it still seems too bright.

Here is an example, in the first photo this texture is flat, in the second it comes out in relief and is metallic.

Screenshots

20240305062819_1

This is another example, the same room before and after: in the second photo it has become more “shiny” - Additionally, the ceiling is much more three-dimensional and deeper when light reflects off it

Screenshots

Speaking of brightness, the sky has practically no clouds left and is very bright

Screenshot

These are the settings I currently have, the same ones used for these screenshots

I don’t know if this is a problem, I don’t know if this is the correct section in which to post this type of content, but I hope someone can tell me what I might have done wrong and how may i fix this. Thank you!

Edit: I read that my computer specs might be helpful, so here they are:

Computer Specs using Speccy

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7
Renoir 7nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1596MHz (22-22-22-52)
Motherboard
LENOVO LNVNB161216 (FP6)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti (Lenovo) 47 °C
512MB ATI AMD Radeon Graphics (Lenovo)
SLI Disabled
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MQ04ABF100 (SATA ) 31 °C
476GB KBG40ZNT512G TOSHIBA MEMORY (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

The textures are shinier/more 3D in the first and second screenshots because High Quality Shaders is enabled. If you turn that off they’ll look flat again.

The only graphics setting I could find that changes the brightness of the sky at all is Post Processing (higher setting = darker sky), but also, if you turned up the fog slider in Weather settings (or added fog with a Sky Volume) the sky will become pretty bright surrounding the Sun, like in the third screenshot. You could try reducing fog or repositioning the sun to get around that.

1 Like

I never noticed that setting, thanks!
Regarding the total reset of settings, is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again? I also lost all the favorites in the inventory