Steam Achievements, Stats, Leaderboards, and Badges/Milestones

We’re so close boys

1 Like

orb time

1 Like
  • "Ball Race: RC Orb" has been checked off on the "Milestone Items" checklist.
8 Likes

Only 4 milestones left!

1 Like

A

1 Like

Holy moly we might actually get it today if we’re good OwO

1 Like

we gotta be good bois

1 Like

I don’t know about that, we still don’t know how far along the WOM jackpot thingy is.

1 Like

Screw the jackpot!

There’s still the badge artwork to be completed as well.

i wonder what the progress is on the badge artwork

2 Likes

My Orb has finally come.

Wouldn’t get my hopes up on today, but I have a feeling it’s coming out this week, especially because of what mac said.
Also gotta contribute: A

2 Likes

The orb was pretty difficult.

8 Likes

I thought you guys didn’t work on weekends for some reason. Whatever though great job!

1 Like

It’s because we’re behaving

1 Like

What so it took this long to get think fixed and completed?
1.what were the situations?

2.and how did you solve it?

Maybe they’re just excited that the update’s almost finished and crunching hard to get it out asap! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s smarter that they get the update out as soon as possible, while keep it polished, because of the recent boost in player count. New updates will keep them playing longer

1 Like

The orb is complex because it’s a completely different pawn from the main lobby one. There was a system that had to swap those pawns while also ensuring it uses the same stuff from Ball Race and also work in Workshop support. The complexity gets worse by also having things like dequipping the ball. In order for that to work I have to create an actor that keeps track of the ball and your inventory slot changes and compare if you removed it from your hotbar. But I also had to match that hotbar change so it doesn’t effect other equippable items. Then when you dequipped it seemed to break rotation on the player as the ball rotates but the player doesn’t so I had to make sure the rotation was fixed. Then once that was done I had to make sure nothing was referencing Ball Race assets so it doesn’t load the entire Ball Race game in Plaza. Then also there’s the color and movement which was tied up in Ball Race code and now it’s not. I also was able to fix a bug in Ball Race I noticed where the player models (non workshop) would still default to feminine model always.

And then I got stuck for a bit because I was having issues with inventory permissions for equippables while in ball mode.

Also I added jumping to the ball.

I had more fun making the flame thrower… But it is sweet to Ball Race in Lobby 3.

Also last note is all this stuff can be used on other items in the future.

13 Likes