[SOLVED] Tower Unite Ripoff on ROBLOX

So as the title reads someone on roblox had the nerve to copy most of the maps and games and rip it off. They are using some of the games sounds too. They’re also generating revenue. Here are some screenshots of the game.

Here is the link to the game itself

game

and their shitty trailer

trailer

4 Likes

“Plaza Kartz” that cheeky name holy shit
And yep, it’s just Tower Unite completely copied in Roblox and renamed into “The Plaza”, not something I would really like if I was the lead developer of Tower Unite.

1 Like

yeah he also copied minigolf

minigolf

Now what we need is that they also did the exact same maps as in GMTower/Tower Unite so far.
Heck, they didn’t even bother to do some slight edits to the concept to make it less noticeable that it’s a Tower Unite ripoff, albeit not good ones. Nor did they give credit to PixelTail Games for the concept.

yep and if you play minigolf the moon map is the EXACT same map (cant get picture )

here is a picture of the layout copied

Alright so we discussed this in the Discord chat, and Mac replied. Basically it’s not something that should be worried about right now, the making of TU is what’s important atm. Also, they give credit to us by mentioning that it’s based on GMTower. So mac is fine with it I guess.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too concerned, if they’re willing to play on something that ugly with cumbersome characters, and I’m guessing no kind of condo/shops, I won’t lose sleep over not having them on TU.

I’m not fine with them making money, though.

4 Likes

i have been on roblox for 5 years and stuff like this is why i want to quit

They do have condos. They also took that concept straight from GMTower.

1 Like

The major problems I am really seeing with this is the lack of attribution and the whole money making thing that Roblox implemented and which they are using. Both are pretty troublesome and damaging. But hey, there’s a bright side to everything… right? :confused:

I would be immensely proud of something like this. Having someone pick on a concept you created and designed and recreating it entirely with the limitations of an even worse system (can’t really call it an Engine) than Source is somewhat flattering if we think about it in another way.

Still better than
undertale FNAF RP simulator 2015 update free admin high school life tycoon elevator MLG items (hot) (play right now) (free money!!!) tycoon (gone wrong) (gone sexual)

Yep, I’ve played Roblox

6 Likes

Also we just found out that this thing has microtransactions, so yep, they are making money off of this. Been listening to the voice chat in Discord.

2 Likes

It’s one thing to make a decent rip-off to share with your friends. It’s another to make money off of it. I wonder if Mac is going to say to them “Hey, either remove your micro-transactions or remove the game.”

1 Like

We gave it a try.

Mac, send it burning down.
Like, literal frames.

1 Like

What do you mean?

We played it for a while in Discord. @spongeyperson will be posting a video soon.

What we basically learned is that it’s not that bad as we expected, despite most of mechanics being broken because Roblox. The really awful part is the microtransactions that are made with Robux, which exist for a lot of ridiculous things.

4 Likes

:)))))

7 Likes

SUCH. A. RIP. OFF. I put hate on all of his videos of it xD

1 Like

Honestly, there’s no point in pursuing this. You know the zombie game Unturned? It started life on Roblox and the creator took it off when a bunch of duplicates and ripoffs started popping up.

I did try reporting abuse, but you need a Roblox account to do that, and at that point, I lost all caring.

1 Like