[SOLVED] Tower Unite Ripoff on ROBLOX

ROBLOX recently put a system in place called the Developer Exchange program. It essentially allows ROBLOX “developers” to trade in in-game currency for real money if they meet the following requirements. These come directly from the page itself.

Belong to Outrageous Builders Club (ridiculous monthly membership program)
Have accumulated 100,000 ROBUX (in-game currency)
Have a verified email address.
Have a valid PayPal account.
Be a community member in good standing.
Be 13 years of age or older.

The page boasts that partners of the program can earn up to $250,000 a year from this.

I took a quick look at the kids page, obviously I couldn’t see if he had all of the requirements, but he DOES have OBC. So it’s entirely possible that, judging how popular this game gets on the website, he can be making some serious bank soon. I don’t know if you’re actually planning on doing anything about this (my advice, it probably wouldn’t be worth your time at least for now) I just wanted to try to bring it to your attention.

Here’s the video. It’s still uploading from My POV at the time of posting this post, but it should be up soon. Just keep refreshing till it shows up :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Wow… just wow, I can’t believe that someone would blatantly rip off a concept and make a seemingly bad version of it to boot.

Though, I guess there is nothing that can be done to take it off the site…I just hope that they aren’t making any money from it.

Wait, isn’t there an option to report a place on Roblox if you have an account?

yeah.

I still have my account. If you guys really think it would be necessary, I can report it really quick. I doubt it would do much good though

I just did. Dunno if Roblox will care.

Trust me, from someone who has had to deal with Roblox Support, you’re not going to get through to them. And reports do basically nothing. They could be making a lot of money from this, and I think the only solution would be for PixelTail to submit a DMCA. I’m gonna crunch the numbers on how much money they’ve made from this game, give me a second.

1 Like

Oh I bet he is. He has 1244 premium pass sales. Totaling 248800 Robux. Just from the pass. There’s 5 other passes you can buy plus you earn Robux from game visits. So you can bet he’s pulling in some serious cash from the Dev exchange program.

1 Like

Visits = 348000 Tickets = 20000 Robux

Game Passes = 754900 Robux Total
Premium - 248200 Robux
The Monotracer - 191400 Robux
Teleport - 30700 Robux
Unlocked Stereo - 82600 Robux
The Helicopter - 202000 Robux

20000 + 754900 = 774900 Robux

774900 Robux costs $7749 USD to purchase
774900 Robux is worth $1875 USD when selling them (And that’s if you trust him not to sell his Robux to other players)

And this is just so far

2 Likes

Well he can’t sell Robux actual money. But he can trade them in for money through Roblox.

Current Exchange Rates:
100K ROBUX for $250 USD
250K ROBUX for $625 USD
500K ROBUX for $1,250 USD
1M ROBUX for $2,500 USD
2M ROBUX for $5,000 USD
4M ROBUX for $10,000 USD
10M ROBUX for $25,000 USD
20M ROBUX for $50,000 USD

Huh? I thought DevEx program was just 10% of the value of Robux? Or has it changed since I last played?
EDIT: Just checked and it seems you’re right, I’ll edit my post.

I pulled that chart directly from the page.

http://www.roblox.com/develop/developer-exchange

That makes this even more alarming. 1875 Dollars for a stolen game. That is 2.5% of what the Indiegogo campaign raised.

1 Like

yeah it’s still uploading. I think it might have not been a good idea to NOT handbrake this video… the source is 4GB and my ISP is hating me right now

http://i.imgur.com/wrZC7Av.png

Update:
It’s now up :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

95% of roblox games.

1 Like

Look, the sad truth is that this kind of rip off stuff happens all the time. Just ask Nintendo why they put such an insane level of anti piracy on the 3DS.

Chances are this shit isn’t going to be taken down for awhile and will probably never bother acknowledging the game it was based off of. The other sad part is a lot of Roblox’s playerbase would not overlap with Tower Unite’s anyway as a large part of the Roblox gamerbase is kids with no money that can’t buy all the cool games their friends play.

Our job here is try be vocal, lets make our community shine over theirs and lets focus on getting more publicity so that even people who aren’t part of the forums if they see that game will know its a ripoff. If you see somebody playing it on youtube post some innoncent comment like “Huh weird this looks kinda like a ripoff of Tower Unite” and when the dev posts update videos protest silently by disliking them, that’ll do a far better job in stunting his publicity then raging in comments.

As much as I hate Idly watching this stuff there isn’t much we can do by the means of law atm. So lets make sure the real game shines brightly as all hell over theirs.

4 Likes

Oh my god, I didn’t realize they were selling an in-game currency until I saw this video. They must have made WAY more than 2 thousand dollars off this.

1 Like

You cant sell robux outside of DevExchange they have zero tolerance for that. If you do it your account is perma banned

1 Like

Trust me, it’s really not that difficult. I have personally sold robux before.