Small Playermodels & Small Potions Porblematic in PVP Minigames

(im not good with structuring posts so apology if my english is low hanging fruit.)

We all now the workshop playermodels and potions are good and all, don’t get me wrong.

however, when it comes to pvp minigames, alot of players ive encountered (and you mostly encounter them aswell) kept abusing it, sort of like an unfair advantage over those who plays fairly and for fun, but this whole fun has become a chore and fustration.

it will also courage people to abuse that said tactic aswell, to the point it becomes “almost” necessary to have it in order to win, it’s boring yes, but it won’t matter, aslong as you get units and exp.

and it will discourage to have replayability unless you’re going for leveling or completing achievements, and thats it, you will no longer touching that said minigame ever again.

my one and only solution (not really the best but thats mostly for balancing sake):

in all pvp minigames, turn all playermodels into default (doesn’t matter which default you choose) and default height.

yes, it is boring.

yes, default models look ugly.

but it would be only the best just to have fair and balanced matches that doesn’t make you feel you were screwed over and simply wanna play it for fun.

now, i wanna hear you guys your thoughts about it.

what do you think about this situation?

is my idea complete shite?

do you wanna stay it without changing?

No
You ruin my small big head skeleman I will destroy everything

2 Likes

Yes I would like a fix to the hitbox. No I don’t want default player models. Sizing up small models is better than putting people in a uniform look for many reasons.

I do want a change because I play a small character model (drybones) and I love that model. I’m tired of people complaining to me about me cheating. I’m not trying to cheat I just really like drybones. I normally put on a big potion but those don’t seem to matter in games idk. I’d like the models to have the same hitbox just so I can still win games and won’t be whinged at that it’s because I’m cheating.

General PSA: I ALSO THINK SOME PEOPLE TAKE THESE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. IF YOU CARE VERY VERY MUCH ABOUT THE TEMPORARY SCOREBOARD OF A PVP MINIGAME IN A GAME FILLED WITH MINIGAMES WHERE THE SCORE DOESN’T REALLY MATTER IN THE END - MAYBE TAKE A BREAK AND WALK OUTSIDE MY FRIENDS.

1 Like

I think that would cause more hassle than it’s worth. Look at Laser Tag, you don’t see them changing the workshop models to fit the laser tag vests, they use default models, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they did the same here to save time.

Also, it’s more so because people use tiny potions or use a literal roomba playermodel…

2 Likes

just dont size up small models, since some of them like some of the animal crossing characters have giant heads and making them full sized makes them a much more obvious target, which pushes it from, small being too hard to hit to putting other people at a disadvantage.
just make a default character that you get defaulted too, even if it “stops you from expressing yourself” its just temporary and is the only way for everyone to be on a equal playing ground with no: tiny players or making peoples models more obvious as a target.

1 Like

I’ve always thought a fun compromise for PvP games (Since forcing default models is a little unfortunate) would be custom models (In Laser Tag maybe you’re robots, in Snowball Battle maybe you’re snowmen). Just a way to make it more interesting and fair without completely sucking the life out of it (Accessory support would also be a must).

2 Likes

PC: legit don’t know why people respond to suggestion posts with dismissive tones. Who cares about laser tags default models? Virus has custom models. Ball race too. In golf you’re a ball. The world is chaos.

LL: It’s not as dramatic as ‘needing to express yourself’ as much as simply using a feature of a game. When’s the last time you saw sporting the default model by choice? It’s a feature everyone loves. I specifically like playing this game with friends, and their custom models make the games more enjoyable. Could we still have fun in virus without 6 thinking emoji models running thru the halls? Sure… but it happened over a year ago and I still laugh thinking about it.

But yeah SB I see that option as a decent compromise. I mean I rather have the custom models but if there was no fix, a game specific model, like the knights from little crusaders, is a good idea. But I’m also considering the upgrade store or appearance tab creating customization as well. I like how LC works with promotions changing your model in game, but if I was playing snowball fight with 8 completely identical models, I’d be… slightly sad I guess idk… confused a bit probably.

even if you‘re playing against clones, you still have a fair fight and doesn‘t make you feel cheap‘ed out.

(this has nothing to do with ballrace, LC or minigolf mind you, just virus, snowball battle and chainsaw battle, literally anything that shoots/kills you from other players.)

expressing yourself is fine, but when it comes to fight against others with that said playermodel/potion? this will always be a problem for certain players.

i can‘t blame them nor those (you) who like that specific model/thinking it‘s unfair.

the hitbox part sounds decent on paper, but questionable.

SB has something i can agree on it (for now.)

(scoreboard is subjective, i for one, don‘t care about it, some people do, some don‘t, who knows.)

(jesus christ what a wall of text ive created, sorry.)

Personally what I feel is that Playermodels under or over a certain scale range automatically get blacklisted from games like Virus and Snowball Battle and replaced with either a default model of a model befitting the game. This way, playermodels that aren’t sized up with everything else won’t ruin it for everybody who wants to play with workshop items enabled.

There’s also, ofc, the issue of Playermodels that should be reviewed or marked as “Incompatable” with certain games, like that one stupid playermodel that’s literally just a lightning mcqueen croc. Its so dumb. Either require workshop uploaders to mark it, or a dev/manager can review it and mark it so it doesn’t cause issues.

1 Like