Shark Fishing Event and Achievement

So I was thinking of a new Event which would allow players to have a chance at fishing an extremely difficult and rare Shark. The event would work like this: “A Shark has been spotted near the docks!” would appear in the chat, and players could try to fish up a difficult yet rewarding catch to add to their collection. Perhaps even mutiple kinds of sharks could be available.

I got this idea from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, where players could go to an island resort and catch rare sharks for profit. In TU the Sharks would be more of a bragging right than an optimal way to make cash, but I still think this would be cool to have in the game.

I believe that the devs have said that any sea creatures such as dolphins, whales, etc will only ever be purchasable with sea dollars because fishing them up would be morbid/cruel.
I had a similar suggestion a few years ago:

3 Likes

I feel like the idea could still work, even if it doesn’t necessarily use sharks though. An event were a rare and difficult fish shows up would be neato :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fish Caught! :
Megalodon
(could you imagine)

1 Like

Honestly I’d love some more kinds of sharks in the game so I would be all for this. Even some small ones like Blacktips would be a welcome addition. I’d like to see improved AI for the larger fish first though, right now sharks do not look too great on display in the tanks.

1 Like

A couple of days ago I was thinking about how there should be a, “fishing final boss”. Like a saltwater crocodile or something

3 Likes