However, I’m gonna bring everyone up to date on the status of the Casino Update.
#Casino Update (0.1.2.0)
We decided that due to the delays, we’d include Texas Hold’em, a popular Poker casino game in the initial release of Casino. It was originally planned to come out afterwards, but not anymore. Along with that, Video Poker will be in the update as well (it was originally planned to come out much later).
Most functionality of the Casino Update will initially be limited to Official Servers. Typing Derby and Trivia will still show up on community servers, but they will not payout. Support for other servers will come later.
The following games will be available in the upcoming Casino Update:
- Typing Derby
- Texas Hold’em
- Video Poker
- 3 different slot machines
- Triple Diamonds: A basic 3 reel slot machine
- Grand Quest: A 3 reel slot machine with a screen and RPG elements
- Wheel of Money: A 3 reel slot machine with a bonus wheel
- Spin to Win
#So what’s the status as of today?
- Slots are finished. They’ve been tested quite a lot. We have 3 different slot games ready for release.
- Video poker is finished. It’s still being tested, but results have been great.
- AGC backend is pretty far along. We’re still working out a few more things before release, but it’s been going well.
- Card base is done and well-tested. Card games can be made, which is why Video Poker was made to test cards.
- Spin to win logic is pretty much done, but we need to finish a few things with the items that are awarded.
- Plaza map and artwork is pretty much ready.
- We’re optimizing again. We’re trying to address Plaza load times by the Casino Update.
- Trivia is finished and well-tested.
- Typing Derby is finished and well-tested.
- Payout system for Lobby games is finished and well-tested.
- Key Binding is finished and well-tested.
- Condo Grid Snapping is implemented, but needs a few more polishing (like showing key prompts).
- AFK support for the game is mostly done - we just need to implement AFK player handling for Game Worlds.
The rest of the changes you can read on the Trello card:
Definitely in September. No more delays.