Prop Hunt Gamemode

you can make the gamemode prop and what are you doing in prop hunt u might ask there is two teams one is the props that can be any object that you can pick up(or u can think about wich u can be) and the props need to hide without the hunters killing the props with theyre guns (recomended guns list:Smg,shotgun,crowbar, u can put nuke tube for the smg if u want cuz its recomended too) the hunters need to kill all the props in time but if they shot a prop that is not a player they will lose health its mean that if they dont find player props and will shot like retards every where they will die and go to spectat mode (by the way when ur a prop u spos to be able to move and the bigger the prop is the more health the hider have) well i hope to see this gamemode in the game so yea add it or i will drop the cheese on the ground:cheese:

2 Likes

There’s an old thread at the old GMT forums that has an answer to this question, and for the most part I think it’s still true.

Add TTT / Deathrun / Other Generic Gamemode from CSS!

These games don’t fit the standards that we feel are necessary at GMTower. The rounds that are set up in these gamemodes are too long or unusual that we could implement it in the way we do with our current gamemodes. Not to mention that these gamemodes would have a substantial lack of maps since we don’t want to use other people’s work.

4 Likes

Also I hope I am not ruining my own reputation too much with this post, but the OP looks like japanese ran through google translate.

4 Likes

First things first, we need to see what we can and cannot create using the Workshop. As of yet, we don’t even know if custom gameworlds will be a thing (though I sincerely hope they will be). If they are allowed, then I’m certain someone will make Prop Hunt for TU.

2 Likes

I hate to be that guy, but would it kill you to use a period or comma every now and then?

1 Like

Personally I could see the devs creating a unique “bite sized” yet similar experience in Tower Unite years down the road. However with Prop Hunt/gmod as it is now, and Tower Unite as it is now, I don’t see there really being a need for this at the moment. Of course these are just my opinions, and it is a very good suggestion :slight_smile:

TRANSLATED:

"You should make a Prop Hunt gamemode. What do you do in Prop Hunt, you might ask? There is two teams, the Props (that can be any object than you can pick up), and the Hunters. The Hunters have to kill the Props with their guns (Ideas for guns include SMG, shotgun, crowbar, etc.).

The Hunters need to kill all the props in time, but if they shoot a prop that isn’t a player, they will lose health (If you don’t do it right and shoot around like crazy, you’ll die and get sent to spectate mode).

By the way, when you’re a Prop, you’re supposed to be able to move, and the bigger the prop is, the more health you get. (But you’ll be easier to shoot.)

Well, I hope to see this gamemode in Tower Unite. Add it or I will drop the cheese on the ground. :cheese: "

5 Likes

Ahhh my eyes can breath. Thank you good sir.

2 Likes

As much fun as it would be to have some remade modes from Garry’s Mod on Tower Unite and running on a more powerful engine, I agree with has been said previously about these not really fitting the type of gameplay (short, quick rounds and games) that Tower Unite’s Game Worlds have.

Although I do have the same hope as @Arkive86 for there to be workshop support for Game Worlds, as it would really add more possibilities to modding the game and allow all the wacky ideas people have for Game Worlds, as well really increase the longevity of the game. :heart:

Also, I hate to be that guy, but although the OP could have used better gramar and writing structures, you guys don’t need to constantly bash him on that. This is still a valid suggestion at the end of the day. :sweat:

3 Likes

I’d love to play games like Murder, Hide N Seek, Guess Who, Prop Hunt, TTT, Deathrun, and so on…in Tower Unite. One of the things I loved most about GMT was that it was part of Gmod and that I could easily take the friends I made in GMT and go play some of my other favorite gamemodes. Unfortunately, since Tower Unite is its own game I now have to close TU and boot up Gmod if I want to play those gamemodes. Also, as time goes on and more players start buying TU I’ll encounter more and more players who don’t have Gmod which will limit us to TU.

2 Likes

i know im repleying after so much time but when i done that post i was retarded i didnt meant it to be workshop ting like a gamemode u know defualt one

I personally think a prop hunt-esque minigame could fit into TU.

I never played the original prop hunt, but I have played many other minigames within other games (like Minecraft via the use of plugins), and have seen prop hunt modified in many ways to make game sessions short and sweet.

Prop hunt is, at its core, just hide and seek. I’m sure the devs could come up with something that people can enjoy, that keeps sessions short enough to enjoy, and can iron out any game design issues the original prop hunt may have had.

As for maps, just base them off of the condos, or design entirely new maps and object sets to go with those maps. Not really a difficult concept.

1 Like