Projection Mapping

(New thread because the old was just for Proof of Concept stuff. POC Thread: Projection Mapping (Proof of Concept))

For those of you who haven’t seen the other thread, For the last few months I’ve been throwing together a projection mapping system in my condo.

#Final Preparations#
Before I could throw together the first real “shows”, I needed to wrap up the remaining issues.

Image used to show what surfaces are mapped to, it’s since been changed to be more accurate, and removes certain “warped” areas.

Final “Test” Image before I began working on the first video. Aside from some VERY Small issues, it’s all mapped correctly.

#“Shows”#
Halloween

WIP:
Christmas

(Also the small test video I use for some stuff)

More stuff will be added very soon

18 Likes

Heyyy… That’s pretty good!

3 Likes

man that looks like a ton of work. Congrats it looks amazing!

That’s really cool!

Nice job, looks cool!

Well this certainly puts my condo to shame.
Well played sir.

Halloween video is done! I’ll upload a video ASAP

3 Likes

Uploading the video right now! Tested it out in game with a few people on earlier, so far the system seems to work well!

Edit
In game footage is now in the original post. More stuff coming soon!

3 Likes

Oh daymn

Learned a little trick earlier, use this link format to loop videos in the media players: https://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO ID?autoplay=1&loop=1&playlist=VIDEO ID

There seems to be an error with the footage.
I can’t play it.

i thin kyou need to put in your own url at the end
like this https://www.youtube.com/embed/g1p5eNOsl7I

Yes, I should have clarified, but I thought the “Video ID” part would be sort of self explanatory. To expand a little further on it, you reuse the numbers/letters that come after the /embed/ for the playlist thing, that essentially makes a looping playlist with two videos in it, both being the same thing.

That isn’t really the problem, the problem is that there isnt any ids to copy paste into the link which more or less just means that the link is useless.
Just saying that without the ids for the video we can’t exactly see your fancy projection in action.

He didn’t say that was his footage; he said that was just a trick to loop videos.

1 Like

Threw together something that looks kind of cool, I might wind up using this in something eventually.

Also finally fixed a problematic section of the map

It was basically VERY Warped

1 Like

Well looks like i’m redoing some stuff, the new update broke some of the old images/videos I’ve used/am currently using for stuff