Private playermodels

Is there a way to make a custom model i made private but still visible to all players
because if i make it private no one can see it

5 Likes

Currently there is not a way, but I have considered it.

7 Likes

I actually like that models have to be public to be visible. I don’t understand the need to show off a player model that others can’t readily use. Is it some way of feeling “unique” or “special”?

7 Likes

i agree with
Kpazz_SmokeyMcpot

3 Likes

It’s impossible because the servers need to download the entire model to the cache in order for it to show up on your client. Once it’s in there, there’s very little stopping you from just cracking the model out of your cache and using it for yourself.

In my case, it’s a model of my own character that I created and own, so it’s much more personal to me. If it were possible somehow, I would love actual private models.

4 Likes

would be a good addition. people should have the choice to… i 'd say… for whatever reason they choose. no one has to explain themselves for wanting such things added either. i agree with adding private models.

3 Likes

Since private uploads don’t get sent to other people, maybe instead there could be a private tag which prevents people who are not the owner from using it. sure, people can still rip it and use it themselves by reuploading it, but then it goes against the ‘no reuploading’ rule.

2 Likes

Private player models are neat.

2 Likes

True. I wanna add a lot of private items in the future and also make public content.

1 Like

I thought about how I wanted to join the Halloween condo contest but if you upload your props, anyone can have the same props and yours isn’t so spooktacular anymore. ;^(

3 Likes

No! IT HAS TO BE SPOOKTACULAR.

1 Like

Keyword, currently?

Same as Zemble here, I created my own character and model from scratch which is my own persona and wouldn’t want other people to use a model that is basically me virtually lol

As was said 5 years ago, that’s not how the Steam Workshop works. You either upload something for public viewing that everyone can see, or for private viewing that only you can see. There are no other options. This would be something to ask Valve about. They might consider making this a feature (if its even possible) if enough people ask for it.