Please fix the Face Cosmetics to use their own metadata (plus other Wearable Headaches.)

Aight so, with Halloween coming up, it’s gonna be high time that we have new items, and that includes wearables. However, the wearables in Tower Unite are currently suffering from several notable issues which hamper their effectiveness and wear-ability.

THE FACE COSMETIC SLOT

The First, and most prominent issue is that Face slot cosmetics use the same offsets as Eyeglass or Eye based cosmetics. This causes several issues in the vein that Face cosmetics often clip or won’t line up right, as they do not share the same origin like other cosmetic types often do. (For instance, most hats share the same origin point, as do all neck cosmetics.)

As you can see here, I have the Eyeglasses cosmetic situated to work with the glasses my model already has. The Hatless Version of my model shares the same offsets

However, if you’ll notice, there’s no Face Cosmetic offsets available here, nor can I change the test model to try to adjust for different Eyeglasses.

Now if we go into a plaza, and place a face cosmetic on…

…You can see that it doesn’t really fit well for some, and works somewhat ok for others.

While yes, I know that fiddling with the workshop is a tall order, I would recommend adding this now, as we, the playerbase, can then make the metadata adjustments necessary. That way, regardless if we play as the default or a workshop model, everyone can fully enjoy both the old and new accessories arriving.

Other Wearable adjustments/attachments.

There are a handful of other issues that other types of wearables have. Gliding past the issue that all wearables do not share the same origin point in their model (which makes using some cosmetics unfeasable or impossible depending on the playermodel you use), Neck and Wrist Cosmetics are bound to bones that end up causing them to clip or animate weird on certain animations.

The Most Eggregious of these are the Wrist Cosmetics.

We have very few by default and not many more from the Arcade, but since the cosmetics are bound to the HAND Bone and not the Lower Arm bone, the Wrist cosmetic will often clip or be outright floating off the arm. There is also no option to change what arm a Wrist cosmetic is bound to, which completely alienates some models that either are missing an arm, or have items on the left arm that would block the wrist item completely.

The Same issue arises with the Neck Cosmetics.

Because Neck cosmetics are bound to the Neck Bone, they can sometimes clip due to the weird way TU’s Playermodels are animated (Something that I know can’t be rectified at the moment, which is why I recommend changing the bone its bound to).

Since most Neck cosmetics cover the chest in some fashion, I would recommend changing the default bone that they’re bound to from the Neck bone to the Spine3 bone. Spine3 is where the upper torso is bound to, as well as the two collarbone bones that the arms are attached to. By binding neck cosmetics to that bone, they can stay relatively static compared to the shoulders and without being animated strangely by the neck bone.

I’m greatly looking forward to the Halloween update! Its my favorite time of year and something I really want to enjoy with everyone to the fullest extent, and to that end, I hope this suggestion is heeded and implemented.

Thanks for reading my f@#$&ing Thesis, lmao.

-Alex Out

I’ll just plop this here

In that instance he was referring to the idea to have each cosmetic have individual offsets, whereas I’m just asking that a general Face cosmetic offset be added so that we can use that for the time being.

Regardless would still require the editor UI to be improved, thus if and when it does, why not just make every cosmetic have offsets like planned, rather than just one type of cosmetic. :thinking:

This is a fair point, however that will end up taking too long before the Halloween update. Adding a general slider will simply just add another chunk of the same code the other cosmetics use, and is far easier at the moment.

Sure yeah it can be eventually tossed in favor of individual metadata for individual items, but for now, this can be the temporary bandaid on this workshop booboo.

1 Like