Placing fish in pools

Hi guys!

I’d really love to be able to place my fish in the outdoor pools in the default condo that you get when you join the game (I’ve been playing since about early access release, but have no self control and have never upgraded T.T, what a pleb). I’ve noticed that they simply just flop around when I do place them there… I think that being able to place fish in pools would be a really cool interactive feature.

To follow up with this, it would also be really cool to be able to fish on the shores of my condo!

Thanks for your time!

Jarl Hamm

Yeah. This is really odd this wasn’t in the first release of Fishing; it seems like the first thing people would do is catch a fish, then immediately place it in any water source. Fish can swim!
And, Fishing in Condos is planned.
Also, don’t be ashamed for using the default condo. It’s the best condo! IMO

5 Likes

Please keep in mind, that in real life, pools almost always have additives. These additives, such as chlorine, would kill the fish.

2 Likes

But this is a video game.

2 Likes

That’s even worse! Do you know what video chlorine does to video fish? Truly horrific stuff.

3 Likes

Although you bring up a valid point here, I’m also very sure that melons don’t follow people around in real life. I’m not so sure about macaroni, though, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that raining from people’s heads at least a few times.

2 Likes

I feel like the main issue with this is the devs may want people to group up and fish together in the Plaza instead of in their base and all alone to farm points but I do like the idea of being able to fish in the convo as most the time I tend to have pals around when I am in it.

It’s honestly whatever the devs perfer, if they want people to stay in the convo or forced to go into the Plaza.

I’m sure condo fishing will come out eventually. The only reason they didn’t already implement it is because it would have taken them some time and they wanted us to get the fishing update sooner.

2 Likes

I don’t think condo fishing should be added because it would enable you to make units in your condo, which I believe the devs have said in the past that they don’t want. I wrote a lot in another post about how people would be able to afk fish in condos since they are player hosted and not moderated

One thing that could be done for the “fishing alone in your own space” argument is to have a rentable private fishing area in the plaza like there is going to be for the theater

I’m concerned that it won’t, ever. Because I’ve looked through all the planned updates and could find no reference to it, despite the fact that there were progress streams a long time ago where the devs stated explicitly that this would be possible. It should be possible.