Open Typing Derby Database

I love the idea behind opentdb.com.

It’s a great concept that allows a minigame to never die out by letting the community keeping it fresh by adding more and more questions.

I also think that such a good concept could be implemented for Typing Derby as well.

Just like Trivia, people could add their own paragraphs about various topics (History Facts, Essays, Book Extracts) between 50-100 words which will get randomly picked at every match, making them feel more new and original.

I think this has great potential to give more uniqueness to the gamemode, while also somehow preventing the players to type the same text over and over (if I had a penny for every “Martian” I typed).

I don’t really see the sense. It currently draws from Project Gutenberg, which has thousands of books. There’s already an immense amount of material that it’s pulling from.

I thought about it when I was designing it and I felt like making it simpler than the Trivia database, hence why I didn’t make a OpenTDD.

However, I could always make a megathread where people could post paragraph suggestions that could easily be inserted into the database.

I’ve gone ahead and made a megathread here. Typing Derby Paragraph Megathread

5 Likes

How could one man have slipped through your force’s fingers time and time again? How is it possible? This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his Ph.D. at the time of the Black Mesa Incident. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, he was in a state that precluded further development of covert skills. The man you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that: an ordinary man. How can you have failed to apprehend him?

• Dr. Wallace Breen

Just incase you do that mega thread

2 Likes