October 2020 Condo Contest (Halloween)

Heres my entry to the contest

SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/king-midas/
Workshop condo download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2276688562

8 Likes

My condo isn’t finished, but it never will be, so pardon the dust! Due to time constraints I wasn’t able to record any footage as I originally planned, but hopefully the pictures do it justice.

I wanted to create a ‘wholesome’ Halloween house. All of the monsters are nice and just want to PARTY!!!

Front of House:

Back of House:

Neighbor’s Houses

Inside of House
(2nd Floor Kitchen)
A nostalgic reminder of Halloween as a child.

(Garage)

(2nd Floor Living Room)
A cozy area for the family to relax after Trick or Treating.

(2nd Floor Hallway)
Cartoons of TERROR

(2nd Floor Bathroom)
Don’t worry, it’s actually ketchup.

(2nd Floor Bedroom)
Home.

(1st Floor Lounge)
The upside down room of DESPAIR.

(1st Floor Bedroom)
Party room!

(Basement)
A movie theatre and shop for visitors to enjoy.

Backyard / Outdoors
There’s lots to do in this little neighborhood!
(Bus Stop)

(Backyard)
Bury your loved ones in this graveyard and you may see them once again.

Oogie Boogie’s community service! He’s cuttin’, he’s cuttin’, he can’t believe his eyes!

Mystical Forest

A romantic tent because someone ran out of ideas.

And finally, the CURSED secret room based on the YouTube video titled ‘Username 666’.

Hope everyone enjoys it! This took more than 50 hours to complete and it ravaged my sleeping schedule

Random trivia for anyone interested:

• Every NPC has dialogue except for those in the CURSED room.
  • The creepy text in the CURSED room is actually inspirational. Here are the translations.
  • The easiest part was putting the pumpkins everywhere. (Thanks, CopyCat)
  • The hardest part was keeping the lights from bleeding through the walls.
  • There is a hidden Michael Myers and Slender Man, neither of which can be seen in the images posted. (Don’t want to overload the forum)
  • If I had managed my time better I would’ve liked to add a maze / haunted house in the backyard. I also would’ve liked to create a black & white room in the last basement room.
  • Each area represents why I love Halloween; nostalgia, blood, candy, and nonsensical fun with friends. Doing this contest gave me something to do while in quarantine. Thank you.
  • And thank you to those who visited and provided helpful feedback.

EDIT: Cleanup and typos AND formatting!

8 Likes

Sunshine’s Sorrows Estate
This condo is a collaboration between six individuals.
76561198183005099 Medai
76561197999964061 Jesusfreak
76561198254200924 Koko
76561198092365703 DeathByThighs
76561198077717548 Luckycharm0076
76561198079633391 Jarl Shaggy

Through blood, sweat, tears, and other bodily fluids; we present to you a manor of sorts, Sunshine’s Sorrows estate; formerly known as Sunshine’s Sanctum until some… minor incidents.

!
A small stroke of bad luck leaves you stranded here… lost, afraid, and nowhere to go to.

Jeez, talk about even more bad luck…

You walk through the forest, noticing small spetacles along the way that peek your interest along the path.

!

After trudging along the path, you are met with a new oddity, the manor.

![]
!

(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/739321047131750513/773410900173389884/unknown.png)

You enter the manor, with a tension building up in your spine…

!

20201103210001_1|690x388

You take the hall on your right…

Following along the halls begin to make you lose touch with reality…

A lounge, currently being investigated by some avid ghost hunters…

You return to investigate the left side of the halls…

The hall lead to a dining hall…

You return to the foyer and enter the door behind the statue…

An elevator… what for?

A research facility with large amounts of technology and equpment discarded around…

A lab designed to preserve thought, keeping the minds of those unfortunate enough in a constant
nightmare…

One of the nightmares being preserved…

Another of one of the nightmares being imprisoned… though it’s somewhat tranquil.

Somewhat.
Sorry for lots of edits! Videos to showcase audio & animations:

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 98 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

Alright! The contest has closed, and we will be judging the entries! Awesome job, everyone, and I hope you all had a great time participating.

Edit: They should be judged/announced sometime later tomorrow at the latest.

8 Likes

The results are in! Thanks to everyone for participating. Since there were 20 entries this time, we decided to extend the amount of prize-winners to 5. We will also be giving all participants a bonus of 75,000 units, and some other bonuses.

The winners are:

Prizes will be rewarded soon.
Keep an eye out for the November contest, soon, and enjoy your prizes, everyone!

14 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who participated and won! All awards have been given out. Can’t wait to see your amazing condos in the next one!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.