October 2020 Condo Contest (Halloween)

Also, @Yikesss , @Sithonious, @Cayla, @Twitch.tv_caat96, can you please edit your post to include a link to your Steam profile or SteamID.

2 Likes

Hello, I am reposting because I am too dumb to figure out how to make it accept my edit. I built a haunted / abandoned victorian house. This is my first contest and I have enjoyed it a lot!

Happy Halloween!

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:156577586

YAY! I managed to get the images there for you! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for adding your Steam ID! Since the forum upload doesn’t work for you right now, could you try uploading the images (at least 3) to Imgur or another image host and directly linking them in your post so that they embed?

Alright, heres my Condo, a floating Halloween Moon! First I wanted to build a huge Mansion with a Halloween Moon looking down to the Mansion but it was too costly to decorate every room. So i decieded to make the moon only.

This Cursed Moon’s face also glows in the dark for more spookyness and you can also go inside in that moon.

The portal is located outside of the condo.

Inside of the moon you see 4 floating blood spheres (which arent made of canvas sphere). And two small floating islands.

The first Island contains a hell portal where you come in and go out from the moon. You also can choose between the other portals which sphere or island you like to go.

The other island is the throne room where the Pumpking controls the moon.

The first blood sphere inside is a meat shop where you can buy fresh meat! Really fresh!

Secound sphere inside is a ppooky night club with a bar full of moonshine. Moonshine! Because of the moon? No one?

Next sphere inside we got a cursed library which is owned a vampire.

And the last sphere inside theres a small labotory where our friendly mad scientist does some science. You know.

Anyway thats it for my Condo. Happy Halloween!

Steam Profile Link

5 Likes

I built a full working mini golf course to play on complete with halloween decorations as a spooky hangout for you and your friends :slight_smile:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:12349883
Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2270424439

11 Likes

Here’s my submission.
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:214412334

1 Like

Hello! This is the first time I have used the forums or participated in a condo contest but seeing as co-op condos are now available we decided to give it a go.

This build was made by Myself (https://steamcommunity.com/id/3miscool/) and Square Brain OwO (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198346390477)

We decided to make a Haunted mansion from scratch on a smooth autumn, the players must navigate through the mansion with a series of teleporters and try to escape the mansion to get outside.
There are 13 spooky areas in total. Most areas have sound, I would really encourage playing through it as the sound effects really set the atmosphere.

I have uploaded this as a workshop condo, ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2270678994 ) and I will be also hosting it while in Tower Unite over Halloween.

Kitchen!

Ballroom

TV Room

Menagerie

Greenhouse

Master Bedroom

Library

Divination Room

Treasury

Bug Nest ft Giant spider that watches you unnervingly.

Candy/playroom

The Laboratory (my favourite)

and of course, the outside!

Thanks for checking it out, please let me know if there’s anything I need to fix ^-^

3 Likes

@Prison_Mike Can you edit your post to include your Steam ID (or link to your Steam profile), please?

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently open and accepting public visitors to the House of Horrors

An above ground maintenance shed that leads into a portion of the Paris Catacombs:

9 Likes

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097845233

Here is my submission for the contest! Most of the decorations in the apartment itself were done throughout the month of October but not in the Halloween theme. I instead wanted to make an additional part to the map with all of the ideas I had for the contest contained there. I underestimated how long it takes to build, and didn’t find the time to do everything that I wanted to as most of it was done in the past week or so. I’m still fairly proud of how it turned out. I really liked the lab that I made. I also tried inserting some lore into the map as well.

I took a few screenshots and recorded a video. I recommend watching the video since you’ll miss some details otherwise. The video does show some things in the main part of the house that were done prior to the contest so if you watch the video, judge only by the things clearly meant to be part of the Halloween contest (from the bathroom onwards). Hope you like it.

Video of the Halloween Condo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s my entry. I really enjoy building these nature - outdoorsy type condos. Lots of fun. Enjoy!
Since I could only post a few screenshots I uploaded all of them here as well.

4 Likes

@Shadowprints @RedBlueGreene Please edit your submission post to include your Steam ID!

Hello,

This is my first time entering a contest.
I am really sad because I wanted to make a video to show my haunted house but unfortunely my laptop can’t handle Tower Unite and recording at the same time. I tried to make a video but it was like watching a slideshow, so the pictures can’t really show some of the details or secret passages or moving objects and the ambience music.
I have worked for almost the whole month although since this I just started to play on July 2020 I had to do a pause when the halloween event started to get some of the halloween items for the build.

Also a few notes, I have my own rules when building on my condo and I don’t use any workshop items or canvas images from the internet. So it’s all oficial items, I know it makes me at a disadvantage but it’s also a challenge to make some stuff, for example the spider web is just a long knife very stretched and thin with the white color. For any details on how I made some stuff just ask and I am also free to open up the condo and show it if needed.

The house was all built with the new snapping feature, there pond in the house is with “real” water, there’s a secret passage to the attic inside the fireplace, one of the staircase has a trap hole that leads to a jail cell in the basement, most of the guests fall for it although you can exit if you go through to the other cell.
One of the room upstairs is all upside down but it gives a very cool effect when you sit on any chair because it makes it look like everything is normal. On the other room upstairs the painting is bugged since it doesn’t show the correct room where it teleports to. The well leads to real water and is connected to the basement, there are also some rare skeleton fish that I had to get and the wizard fish.
I am really proud of what I accomplished but I really wanted to make a video.

I am also loving to see the other posts and there are some really cool ideas.

Here are the pictures, I have uploaded them to imgur. I think it inverted the order of the images.
Let me know if they need to be inside the post instead.
https://imgur.com/a/bOs1dFd

Post images:

Imgur

Here’s my steam profile:

Thank you and I really loved to build this.

2 Likes

@Nitro Glad you had fun with the contest! But please put a few pictures of your entry within your forum post.

Hello my steam name is Power_man_901

glad i could be part of this contest

2 Likes

Hey Howdy!

I meant to post this earlier, but for my Halloween condo, I renovated the Prizim Podcast Studio! I had a show at midnight on Oct. 30th, and it was a blast! Check out the set here!

It wasn’t without some help though. @Leviathan Helped a great deal with the Campfire and RC track areas, so Kudos to him!

Our Profiles:

Thanks to all who came to the Halloween show btw! It was quite a blast!

3 Likes

Introducing the Mouse’s Houses Division of Least Dumpsterfire Submissions: The House the Crab Lord Built

Craic Team:
imouse1 / Spender of Units [76561198071354341]
@Melonplex / Father of DJ Cosmic [76561198071804948]
@nephco / Fixer [76561198073653480]
@darkmessenger84 Poltergoose / Sir Honk [76561197997808191]
Maracaroni / Queen of Hearts [76561198021863364]

Be prepared for tropes such as:
Amazement

Clowns

Blood and Gore

Optical Illusions

and Demons!

Be prepared for needlessly complicated puzzles such as:
Untitled Goose Game room

Trypophobia Too-Many-Holes Room

Valve Man Cursed Object Room

and the Nightmare Room!

Be prepared for easier delays to leaving the room in such places as:
Origins of Crab Lord

Death of Crab Lord

Too Many Bugs

Consequences of Stalking

Looking as Ill as You Feel Inside

Working in the Nightmare Office with Gollum and an Actual Potato

Therapy

Getting Bullied at School

Chasing the Dragon

Dragon Board Meetings

Pitch Blackness Guided by Wind Sounds

Noise Room

Tetrahedron of Transcendence

Three-stage Falling Forever Tubes

and Growing Up Normal

Afterwards, enjoy non-haunted carnival games such as:

Bobbing for Apples:

Fantasia Broom-Axing (with custom Catsack prize!)

Two-Team Candy Cone Ring Toss (with custom Catsack prize!)

Petting Zoo (Please don’t take the animals)

Pumpkin Patch

with several custom pumpkins with which to play Pumpkin Chunkin’

and Bustin’ to Bustin’ with DJ COSSSSSSSSSMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC

Assisted by Dancing Pumpkin Man

and under threat of Giant Eternal Crab Alien

Some parts remain unfinished but shout out to:
Too-Many Jumps Bounce Room

Valve Man Catsack

Valve Catsackman

Zombie Catsack Bowling Pin

Custom Zombie Catsack Bowling Prize

Come enjoy the experience that is as overwhelming to post as it is to experience with over 3,000 items, (including 300 workshop items over / 200 being interactable physics items, and 285 unique canvasses), 20 rooms, and 5 activities. Join other the scintillating reviews of, “Why did I do this to myself?” and “I took only enough drugs to do this.”

5 Likes