Official Movers Guide!

Examples & How To Make Them

Okay, so you’ve read the above post and now you’re wondering… what can I make with these fancy Movers?

Well, quite a lot! I’m not even entirely done coming up with ideas myself.

Here’s a couple I’ve personally made.

Secret Passage
Elevator
Spike Crushers
Spinning Hammer
Carousel
Dark Ride
Water Volume

Secret Passage

With a Mover Simple, Lever and a Bookshelf, you can easily achieve hidden passages.

First, place down your Bookshelf and carve a hole.

Then, place your Mover Simple down and set Move To 80 (to move to 80 units to the left), Loop to No Loop, and Auto Start off.

Then connect the Mover to the Bookshelf, move it to cover the hole. Add decorations (like 1 single book because that’s all I have) and the lever.

Make sure the group the decorations and lever with the bookshelf! You may have to Pause/Play the movers using the scoreboard button to see the group move.

Now, edit the Lever to add the IO inputs. For toggling movers, you’ll want to use Reverse. Reverse is a special command that Reverses the mover no matter what position it is at - like a toggle.

And just like that we have a secret passage!

Elevator

This one currently requires a bit of setup. We plan to have an elevator button panel item very soon to make it easier to setup buttons.

Before you get started, you’ll need to make a button panel. This can be achieved in multiple ways, but the easiest is just using Button Shapes.

Once you have setup your buttons, you’ll also want to take note of the distance between floors.

1. Make a platform, which for this example I’m using a canvas cube.
  2. Attach a Mover Simple to the Canvas Cube.
  3. Using the Goto function, setup input events on the Buttons to the Mover Simple.
    Here’s an example of what button 3 looks like:

For each button you’ll want to use the Goto function. Goto will travel the Mover relative to its starting position.

Spike Crushers

Very simple setup. A Canvas Cube with Spikeboards (for visuals) and a Damage Volume all grouped together.

Spawn a Mover Simple and attach it to the Canvas Cube and set the loop type to Stop Then Loop and the Reverse Rate to 2 so it crushes faster but returns slower.

Then make another one of these with an opposite Mover Simple.

Don’t forget to adjust your Damage Volume to deal a deadly blow!

Spinning Hammer

A Mover Simple with an offset to have it spin from the handle instead of the center.

Motion Theater

A Mover Simple with Rotate To and From being used.

Carousel

Movers can connect to other Movers! This one is a bit hard to type up, but you’ll first want to create your individual movers that go up and down on the Carousel.

You’ll want to pause movers while making this one.

1. Each individual animal is a Canvas Cylinder with a Plushy grouped together.
    Once that is made, you attach them to a Mover Simple. This Mover Simple just moves up and down with Loop set to Back and Forth.
  2. I use a Canvas Cylinder as the base, with a Mover Simple attached to it with Spin turned on.
  3. Move each of the animal Mover Simples on to the Canvas Cylinder base in the locations you want.
  4. Select ONLY the Mover Simples of the animals and group them to the Canvas Cylinder base. You do not want to group the animals themselves, only their Movers. Their Movers will keep them in sync with the spinning mover.
  5. Resume movers and enjoy.

Hinges

A Mover Simple with just the Offset Position configured to adjust the rotation pivot.

Dark Ride

Mover Train, with the Dark Ride Cart type and Dark Ride track type.

Water Volume

Yes, you can even move Water Volumes, which is useful to fill a room with water.

This one is just a Mover Simple that is just traveling upwards.

Feel free to submit your own mover examples or share paths in this thread!

14 Likes