More languages

Tower Unite will be worlwide hit so it will maybe need more languages i can translate from english to czech/čeština.
For free.
So if you want or plan more languages contact me give me a text to translate, profit.

Hmm, the idea of translating is neat. Translator applications could be pretty cool. I’d love to apply as a translator as well!

1 Like

Ty jsi čech? Radek je české jméno.
You are czech? Radek is czech name.

Developers can count with us if they need some help with the translation :wink:

Yea but i think developers will need community to translate there is a tons of players from others countries, like : Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Russia and more. I think it will be a good idea make more languages.

Man, i thought Radek is Polish name (Im from Poland and Im Radek).

I`ve sent message @macdguy about translanting game into Polish :slight_smile:

We’re looking into translation options.
Unreal has a system that makes this fairly easy to implement.

1 Like

Polish maybe too, but my name is Radek by the way and I am Czech :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

So much Radeks here :smiley:

@Zak k if you want me to translate english to čeština/czech. Contact me on haluzarczlp@gmail.com
And one more thing can you rename me to 醫生 I cant have this name so pleeease.

@Zak PS : Do Unreal support a fonts from my language like ě š č ř ž ý á í é ď ň ???

Simple question:
Does the UE4 support cyrilic alphabet?

(Абвгдежзийклмнопрстуфхчцшщъьюя)

If so, Аз мога да помогна с Българският език.
Ако да, I can help with the Bulgarian language.

Unreal uses UTF-16 to store text internally.
As long as we use a font that has characters from those alphabets in them, we can display them easily.

@Zak So can I translate? From English to Czech? For free.

If you’re looking for people with such talents [I have a relevant thread for you][1]

Additionally, I’ve seen in games like OpenTTD use a system where they have a big list of phrases and community members submit translations one-by-one, so the load isnt all on one person.
[1]: Who’s Bilingual?

Yay, let’s mention translating:

Я бы хотя мог переводить в русский язык, но мой словарьный запас очень маленький. Ето может предотворять нормальное переводение. Б писание я тоже могу делать ошыбки.

So yeah, I could probably, weakly translate into Russian.

Radek is generally a west-slavic name. The poles, czechs and slovaks have it.

We are thinking of using https://crowdin.com/ for our localization.

Everyone will be able to help us out.

2 Likes

I’m fluent in Dutch. I speak it perfectly. I think. :3
Haha, it’s my primary language.

So translating text is E Z however heres a challenge right here: Program a script that translates microphone audio between languages! That way people would buy tower unite just for that feature, its like printing money!!! … not that I would know what printing money is like…

(Sorry for necro)
I’d be able to help translate the game into Finnish.

1 Like