Disclaimer: I’ve read all the documentation and watched the videos Pixeltail has provided for Workshop furniture but haven’t found a solution. 3D modeling is new territory for me so please excuse any ignorance on my part.
I’m trying to make a crude object just to test things out and make sure I can get through the process, however I have hit a wall trying to get my textures to import with my model. I’m trying to export a .dae object, but have also tried .fbx which had the same issue.
Here is the model.
I have the object UV unwrapped (Even though its a little sloppy) and am applying an image texture to the material.
Here are my Material and Texture properties, I’ve tried playing with both the materials and texture properties a lot.
In Blender everything seems fine. Reading the “Troubleshooting” section of the Workshop site states for .dae models:
If you use .DAE, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK “Include UV Textures” and “Include Material Textures” in the export settings.
If you use .DAE, you can view the DAE in notepad to see where the texture files are pointing to.
However, I’m not sure if this is because I’m using Blender 2.79, but I don’t have the option to choose both Include UV Textures AND Include Material Options. My options look like this:
When checking my .dae object in a text editor there seems to be information saved for the material, but none for the texture. I’d imagine this would be under image library, but my .dae has nothing saved under this and I can’t find out how to change that. So I don’t believe the .dae object is actually pointing to my texture image and this could be my issue that I can’t seem to resolve.
After many failed attempts to import, this is what I get every time.
I knew there would be a learning curve to all this and am just reaching out to see if anyone can recognize any glaring flaws I’ve made or if someone knows the solution to my issue. Thanks for taking your time to read!
EDIT: Forgot to mention some of the parts where I’m choosing the texture image in the blender UI names renames my “maskmat.png” to “maskmat.png.001” and I read somewhere this was an issue for someone else causing a loss in texture. I can’t seem to find out why “.001” is being appended to my texture image and when I attempt to remove it in one field it adds it to another. This may be irrelevant but I’d figure I’d mention it just in case.