Minigolf Leaderboard Suggestions

I have a couple suggestions regarding the minigolf leaderboards.

Currently Minigolf leaderboards are TOP HIO’s and then lowest score on each map.
Since Minigolf scoring is based on the lowest score I think a great leaderboard to have would be your overall combined score across all maps!

Secondly, It is quite common for world records to be matched in a game like minigolf for players who put in the time, because if a way to do a hole is discovered, it can be repeated.

When a score is matched I believe it’s sorted by steam ID or something.
I think it would be fair for the first player to achieve the score to remain in the 1st position, because some people spend hundreds of hours workshopping strategies and then many more grinding to achieve the score, only for other players to use the same starts and be displayed in 1st. Even better sort then all by date if the score is matched.
I have “stolen” a couple 1st positions by matching scores, and I’ve had some taken by being matched in the past. Obviously, you’re still both tied for 1st… But I still think this would be a great change to implement.

Example of matched scores:

I was able to find this mentioned once before here as well: Leaderboard Priority

Thank you :smiley:

On the subject of “Total score leaderboard” I have since made my own, and just posting here as an example of what I meant.

Only issue with my own is I am limited to top 200 leaderboards on each map so any score over that defaults to the maps par.

2 Likes