Migrate to Unreal 4.15

Card

https://trello.com/c/z89b7Iui/257-migrate-to-unreal-4-15

Description

This card has no description.

Checklist

[ul][li]Fix compiler errors[/li][li]Compile the code[/li][li]Build the client[/li][li]Test the client (and collect bugs)[/li][li]Fix seat camera offsets[/li][/ul]

Issues

[ul][li]Emissives dramatically changed. All emissive materials need tweaking[/li][li]Tonemapper dramatically changed. All maps needs tweaking[/li][/ul]

Tonemapping/Emissives Fixed Per Map

[ul][li]Plaza[/li][li]Minigolf: Altitude[/li][li]Minigolf: Treasure Cove[/li][li]Minigolf: Emission[/li][li]Minigolf: Forest[/li][li]Minigolf: Garden[/li][li]Minigolf: Alpine[/li][li]Minigolf: Sweet Tooth[/li][li]Minigolf: Water Hole[/li][li]Ball Race: Prism[/li][li]Ball Race: Nimbus[/li][li]Ball Race: GLXY[/li][li]Memories[/li][li]Ball Race: Midori[/li][li]Ball Race: Paradise[/li][li]Ball Race: Summit[/li][li]Virus: Desertion[/li][li]Virus: Hospital[/li][li]Virus: Overtime[/li][li]Planet Panic: Hillside[/li][li]Little Crusaders: Amphiteatre[/li][li]Little Crusaders: Market[/li][li]Little Crusaders: Throne Room[/li][li]Little Crusaders: Toy Room[/li][li]Condo: House[/li][li]Condo: Condo[/li][li]Condo: Suite[/li][li]Item Playground[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

O boi!

Let’s wish pixeltail the best of luck.
They must be enduring so much pain having to upgrade twice!

and suddenly… UE 4.16…

2 Likes

What’s new into this ?

The are updating to this so prism can be in the game.

UE 4.15 improves texture streaming so maybe we would stop getting blurry textures in condos on max settings.

Oh, i know, let’s wait just for UE 4.16 and then migrate to it instead of 4.15 to not do next migration shortly!

I don’t believe it’s that easy.

If migrating to .15 takes, let’s say, 4 hours of work and migrating to .16 6, going from .14 straight to .16 would take all 10.

Correct me if I’m wrong

Also bug fixes to the Blueprint to C++ Compiler and the eventdrivenloader (used for level streaming), might allow the devs to enable these options. They can reduce the lag introduced by level streaming and scripting. My own testing and the devs experience so far: Hot Fix for Little Crusaders Update (0.2.0.1)

Well i think migration will go 3-4 weeks

that wasn’t my point.
What I was trying to say is that you won’t save time by skipping Unreal versions, since every version adds on top of the previous one

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Checklist” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

3 Likes

[ul][li]“Build the client” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Compile the code” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Fix compiler errors” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][li]“Compile the code” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Issues” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

Gosh, this will be a looong journey…

[ul][li]A new checklist named “Tonemapping/Emissives Fixed Per Map” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Emission” has been checked off on the “Tonemapping/Emissives Fixed Per Map” checklist.[/li][li]“Altitude” has been checked off on the “Tonemapping/Emissives Fixed Per Map” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Treasure Cove” has been checked off on the “Tonemapping/Emissives Fixed Per Map” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes

[ul][li]“Forest” has been checked off on the “Tonemapping/Emissives Fixed Per Map” checklist.[/li][/ul]

4 Likes