Memory Leak w/ Condo Media

I must say before I start this thread, I’m making this out of pure frustration.

I’ve been giving Tower Unite a second chance (played at release, was so broken I uninstalled and considered a refund).
The game has gotten a bit better but there’s still a ridiculous amount of game breaking bugs that sometimes make the game almost completely unplayable.
One of these bugs involves a memory leak which has completely locked up my computer about 10 times now, causing me to either have to wait ~15 minutes to get the process closes or just forcing my PC to restart.

The bug happens when you play media in your condo (appears to be any type of media) and leave the condo to go back to a plaza (during the loading screen), the memory leak will happen almost instantly and quickly increase the RAM usage until it’s completely maxed out. You have maybe 10 seconds to close the process before your entire PC is locked (Assuming you don’t have a ridiculous amount of RAM)

Thanks for reading, hopefully something is done about this bug soon.

PC Specs so I don’t get told I have a potato and that it’s my fault
CPU: AMD FX-6200 (junk)
RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengance DDR3
GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 (Strix) 6GB DDR5

1 Like

This is likely you’re PC, as I don’t have these issues. When I play media it doesn’t crash.

1 Like

Well let’s try fixing this.

So here are a few things you can try:
You can always try defragmenting your hard drive first just incase, plus it’ll improve load times for your programs if their data is scattered like dust in a hurricane.

[details=Memory Diagnostics]Now since you determined the problem is with tower unite you’re gonna wanna load up the windows memory diagnostics tool (this is because if the problem is tied to windows in anyway then it should be able to find it and fix it for you, saving you lots of time), so close all programs you are running and go into your search field and type in “mdsched.exe” and click on the result, then just click the button that says “restart now and check for problems”.

Windows will then perform a restart and boot into the diagnostics tool, i recommend you set it to do an extended search to make sure it checks everything it can, just let the default pass amount stay at what it is, and then you just let it run its course.[/details]

So if that didnt detect any problems then we atleast know the problem most likely isn’t tied to our operating system, which is a plus since that could easily turn into a bigger issue.

[details=Software]So now lets try fixing stuff that tower unite actively use.
First let’s try updating the software that your CPU and GPU runs on incase it’s out of date.

For your CPU:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Then you can download an automatic detector from amd to automatically find the software for your cpu, or you can do a custom search and find it yourself but the automatic detect is much easier.
After finding the software update needed

For your GPU:

Just go in here and select the operating system you are running on and then download the latest update for it, then install it.

Now lets head into steam and make it verify that tower unite doesn’t have a corrupt file or something by verifying the game cache.
[/details]

That’s really all there is to do based on the information you gave us, unless you wanna download third-party software to monitor to what categories the RAM is allocated to when the usage ramps up and what exactly tower unite is doing when it runs the mediaplayer or tries to load the plaza and what step that triggers said RAM usage.

1 Like

I wish I had a suggestion, but it is definitely something with your setup/software as I’ve never once had this problem nor have i seen it reported by anyone else. Hopefully @Heavysteam’s suggestions will help, but if not maybe a dev will chime in.

So because you yourself do not have the problem and you haven’t seen it reported yet, it’s not a problem? That doesn’t make much sense.

I can’t see a reason why this would be an issue with my PC at all, I’ve never had an issue like this with any other game, or any program at all for that matter. This is the only game I’ve ever had leak memory so hard that my entire PC locks up.

It makes more sense than assuming the game is the problem when you are the only one who has this problem. Have you tried re-installing the game or verifying the integrity of game files?

I’ve tried replicating what you said multiple times and never have this problem.

Well, it does seem that it’s only you that have said problem, so it is most likely either a game file that has been corrupted due to an error, or a certain system, setting or software that is malfunctioning.
This is because if it was an error on the developer’s side then everyone would be affected by this bug if they tried to connect to the plaza while the media player is running.

this issue is definitely not just OP, i’ve had it happen to me a few times before

edit: captured a quick video of the bug, it didn’t crash my computer here, but if i had more programs open, it definitely would have

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.