March / April 2023 Condo Contest (Tree House)

Hey everyone!

The theme for the March/April contest is Tree House!

So, build a house in a tree! You can build your own tree or use one of the existing ones, and feel free to make your tree house in any style.

Also, remember that you can disable collision on items (such as trees) by right clicking and selecting Disable Collision.

The submission period ends on April 10th, 2023 at 11:59 PM.

Be sure to look at the prizes and follow the rules below!

And don’t forget: You can upload your entry to the Steam Workshop for everyone to get a better look at it! If you upload your entry to Workshop, you’re welcome to share the link in your post! :slight_smile:

:fireworks: → CONTEST RESULTS ← :fireworks:

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (100k) may be rewarded to participants when we’re happy with the quality of entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must post at least 3 pictures of your Condo.

• Focus your pictures on the area relevant to the contest.

• Must be appropriate content (no hate speech, nudity, etc.)

• Only make 1 submission post.

• You can update your post until the deadline.

• Must be something new. Don’t submit something you started before this post was made. (You can build/make additions in a pre-existing Condo, though.)

• If you won first place in the previous month’s contest and decide to enter this contest, you will still get a participation prize, but you cannot get a winning placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) again until the next contest.

• Try to only submit WIP builds towards the end of the contest, if you want to submit something you aren’t able to finish before the deadline.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDs of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting, which I will post a link to in the responses to this thread once I finish setting it up.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

8 Likes

90’s kid treehouse

steamID32: STEAM_0:0:57999336
steamID64:76561198076264400

3 Likes

Blossom Heights

My goal was to get a sort of fantasy vibe, and overall capture a cozy feeling.
Includes a storage shed built into the trunk itself.

Steam ID: https:/steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199137479563
Workshop link: Steam Workshop::Blossom Heights

10 Likes

THE BAOBAB BUNGALOW

I got the idea of this type of treehouse based on the treehouses in the Star Wars Planet Kashyyyk and a couple treehouses found in Costa Rica, with two platforms (living and entrance platforms), a bonfire with a place to sit, a tree wench to pull things up, a nice eco-friendly kitchen and a living area that catches the idea of a comfy hideaway.

Profile: Steam Community :: The General Nobody Knew

And if you want to check it out yourself (as well as some of my other previous builds) I uploaded my “Condo Contest” condo! check it out HERE:

5 Likes

this is my submission for this months contest (its magical island themed)

what the inside looks like

from below when you enter the condo

the exact scale of what it looks like while floating in the air (also since i did this on the underwater condo, i had to close off all entrances to the underwater condo to have the treehouse as the main focus)

lastly the pink crystal that is in the middle of the tree as its core

i hope you all love it as much i do :smiley:

much love <3

3 Likes

Greetings! I present to you my condo to participate in the 2023 TreeHouse contest: The Uprooted House ! This house was uprooted from the ground by two large trees which, for some unknown reason, grew into the foundation. The house is now abandoned and definitely no longer livable. My steam profile is [Steam Community :: TheGreenKing ] and this is The Uprooted House !

5 Likes

Extraterrestrial Treehouse

Hello there! My condo theme caters to those who like to keep watch on the skis… uh, skies.
Aliens! UFOs’! Terrestrials of the EXTRA variety! I decided to keep my condo cozy and somewhat simple/realistic(?).
Hopefully you enjoy the details, even added a few custom models which I will link if interested :slight_smile:

Gotta’ keep an ear out for those alien broadcasts…
Tinfoil hat model: Steam Workshop::Tinfoil hat

Custom alien corkboard: Steam Workshop::Alien Corkboard.

Even a small generator for electronics!
Generator model: Steam Workshop::Small Generator

Some reading material…

Parasol keeps generator dry in rain… maybe…

As you can see, not too much room for many visitors, but who cares when your trying to hide from the MIB or some otherworldly being?? :alien:

SteamID: 76561198026576166

3 Likes

Steam64 ID - 76561198215451145

Floating Mechanical Treehouse

Turn off the lights to see moon beams.

Little baby bird hatching

Teleport between the two doors

8 Likes

You’ve been Gnomed

This build features a gnomish tree village. These pesky little memes of gnomes have stolen your spools and dragged them up their tree to make cozy little homes. Bend the knee to the Gnome king, or lose more spools!

https://imgur.com/a/LZ52Heh

2 Likes

Sunrise at the Modal Soul Speakeasy

Initially, I had wanted to make a lofi-inspired nightclub, something low-key and different. Over time, it turned into a hodgepodge of personal nostalgia… given a lack of time and the sentimental value of it all, I’m really happy with how it turned out!

Start with a walk up a peaceful path…

Make your way up the stairs to the main entrance

Say hi to Isabelle and Brewster (my first Workshop model attempt!)

Pay homage to all kittens of the world (including Hamlet (the little black one)

Finish your stay with some of the greatest classic (and modern) video games!

Say bye to Totoro on your way out :slight_smile:

SteamID 64: 76561198050495824

3 Likes

Steam Profile: Baby In A Pipe
ID64: 76561198036810834

Infantes Haligtree

Video Link
|Walkthrough of the Tree “”“house”“”|

Pictures

9 Likes

SteamID: 76561198097801342

The entrance to the tree house.

The boardwalk to the entrance.

An interior view from the entrance.

An interior view from the opposite corner.

A carpet?

Rolling up the carpet reveals the trapdoor.

The trapdoor opens up to the outside platform.

A view of the outside platform.

A view of the chalkboard and radio.

A view of the project table.

A final view of the balcony.

4 Likes

Steam IDs:

Alexer: STEAM_0:1:55964584
UnderdogJess: STEAM_0:0:648227616

Well, well, well…Here you are in the forest, lost and alone. Since you need a place to stay, might we interest you in a stay at…Luna’s Lodge?

Here, nestled in the middle of a mystical forest, Luna’s Lodge is a lovely, snug little home for those wanting a stay in nature’s gentle embrace, without the worry of nature’s less gentle creatures gnawing at your ankles. Outside, our panoramic balcony spans the entire circumference of the lodge, giving you plenty of room to enjoy the fresh air. Feel free to take a seat near the nice water fountain, tend to the plants, or watch from above as the forest-goers are devoured by rabid mystical beasts!

Walking indoors, you can find yourself within our lovely open floorplan with sectioned rooms and walls. The Luxury Bathroom is easily accessible to your right, while the ladder leading to the loft is easily found to the left. The Living room is open and sparse, and features exposed crossbeams and a high ceiling, so that you can make sure the tree this building is attached to isn’t infested with termites or dying from a lack of blood sacrifices!

Heading upstairs, or rather, up-ladder, we find access to the cozy loft, featuring a deluxe king-sized mattress, Reading nooks, and an angled glass-panel ceiling to let as much sunshine in as possible during the day to annoy you awake! Heading to the side, we have the manager of the property, Mr. Wallace, enjoying his favorite chair. To the left of him is the sliding door leading to the upper balcony, where you can relax at the fire pit, or enjoy nature’s embrace from a little bit higher.

Finally, enjoy some extra shots of some areas.

Some Arcade machines for the more Gamer-inclined patrons.

The West Foyer, perfect to use as a small dining room or whatever else you have in mind.

A Mysterious bottle that appeared on the property during construction. No one knows where It’s from.

The Luxurious Bathroom.

Some more angles of the Outside.

A Memorial to a worksite casualty. May their sacrifice never be forgotten.

The alcoves across from the loft have varying potted plants to help keep the air fresh up above.

The Entrance to the Mystic Forest the lodge resides in. Dare you enter?

[POSTER’S NOTE: Whew, this one was a doozy. Me and Jess, who’s new to Tower Unite, decided to throw in our hats for this. Some areas were more difficult than others, but that’s not to say we didn’t have fun. Thanks to everyone who came by the condo!]

That’ll be all, folks!

2 Likes

Tree fort

steamID64:76561198007200105

2 Likes

This is a W.I.P. build I managed to scrape together for the contest. It’s a safari treetop resort where you can watch the animals’ lives while you stay for a while in luxurious cabins.

You have the choice of either staying on your own in a smaller cabin

or with others in a larger cabin that can house up to 4 people

Animals seen from the windows of the resort

2 Likes

The submission period is over! Thanks so much to everyone who submitted an entry! I’ll post the community vote form soon.

1 Like

Here is the link to the community vote: https://forms.gle/feFtkVqMGQc3DN2s8

It will be open until 11:59PM on Thursday, April 13th!

1 Like

The results of the community vote are in!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the vote. There were 87 responses this time!

The winners of the community vote are:

1st place (2,000,000 Units) - @Han

2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @Baby_in_a_Pipe

3rd place (375,000 Units each) - @Alexer_Zoderia & UnderdogJess

4th place (500,000 Units) - @TheGreenKing

5th place (300,000 Units) - @darkcoolyo

All other participants will get a 50,000 Unit bonus to their participation prize this time!

Thanks to everyone who joined the vote and the contest! Units will be distributed to all participants soon. Keep an eye out for next month’s contest!

9 Likes

Congrats to all the winners! Some amazing submissions

1 Like