Make an "opted out" label for servers instead of forcing opting in for everyone

straight facts my man

4 Likes

there’s no “but”, there’s no “at least”, the point is giving a place for these players to have a safe space for them to talk. the point is giving other people access to these unsafe players, the point is giving them a place to meet

i’m not sure you’re understanding what something like this would bring to the game and it’s NOT something the game needs

this game does not need and will not get a safe place for ban evaders, or in this case predators to meet

please stop.

4 Likes

in case if there was a misunderstanding, I was talking about what this game already had (opting out)

1 Like

i REALLY hope this thread gets locked soon, you’ve proved nothing that would be in your favor, just giving people more of a reason as to why the prompt should be removed.

4 Likes

and this was removed for a reason (which mind you has been explained THOROUGHLY throughout this thread

2 Likes

This forum post is showing why the option to opt out of moderation backend was a mistake when it was introduced 5 years ago.

2 Likes

alright
just a reminder that your opinions are respected and it’s not like I would want to force anything that the majority would not want to

yours is not

7 Likes

6 Likes

End of discussion, stop replying to this thread.

6 Likes

Get. Out.

6 Likes

it’s… alright? I’m sorry if I somehow got you hurt with what I was writing. From the start I was keeping the point about players being able not to opt out if they don’t want to because I felt like that would still do the job for you and your game experience

1 Like

^ don’t respond to this

goodnight everyone

6 Likes

another classic cloud sky moment defending demeryx, you love to see it

8 Likes

13 Likes

From Caboose:

There is a general expectation from players that if someone is banned, they should be banned everywhere, and we’ve gotten numerous support email and questions about why someone who is voice chat banned is in a condo harassing people. The disabling of the moderation system also encourages the creation of servers who only exist to give these banned players exposure to players, which we don’t feel is appropriate.

We don’t really want to go down the situation of creating “safe” and “unsafe” areas of the game. When someone is banned from voice chat for saying racial slurs, they shouldn’t be able to go ahead and do that in other people’s condos, nor should people have to worry about the random condo they are joining containing users who do so.

19 Likes