Update: With the release of version 0.14.6 all of my previous issues have been resolved completely, regardless of network adapter. Huge shout out again to the devs for their hard work.
Hi and thank you,
Pretty much everywhere, I am constantly stuttering and lagging unlike any other game. My character teleports around and I’m in no control of where I go whatsoever. I am slightly worried while making this post that it might be my internet connection, but I get speeds of 250Mbps and I haven’t had issues like this with other titles.
Some days are much better than others, which leads me to believe this is a server side issue and not a client side issue. I have talked to players in games and lobbies and it seems like other people are experiencing the same issue as I am; the game runs fine but their characters teleport all over the place.
- My computer runs the game fine, I get 100+ fps (GTX1060, i7-7700K, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, M.2 SSD)
- My ping is always low, hovering around 30-40 ms.
- I’ve tried making my game fullscreen instead of borderless or windowed.
- I’ve tried turning down all of the graphics settings
- I’ve made exceptions on the windows firewall for the game
- I’ve turned off both canvases and workshop content, as well as voice communication
- I’m not using speed shoes
- I don’t have any size potions.
- I have used game settings like -nosound, -noipx, -notexturestreaming etc
I have a feeling this might be related to the recent steam issues, but I decided to make this post here after my google searches only returned me forum posts from 2019 or 2020. I’m also including a clip of me in the plaza to showcase the issue, but unfortunately i can’t upload directly because I am a “new user.”