Lower Wowozela to 2 mil?

This is gaining traction because the real issue is why such a high price should be set in the first place, even for an item that’s supposed to be a joke and noisy noise toy. The point is, it shouldn’t matter that there is more grindy things in this game, because that just exposes a bigger issue in Tower more. It’s just bad game design if one of the biggest factors for making owning this item feel special is it’s high price, for some even more than unique functionality. Same with any other unreasonably priced items in any other game, any achievements and things like that. What’s the point of being so sensitive over lowering the price for others if you paid this much for it yourself? Is the price the only thing making this item have so much value to all of you who bought it for the price it is? I mean, sure, I get it, it’s fair job, you worked hard for it and earned it, but why keep being defensive over unreasonable price instead of simply reaching a compromise for both people who earned the item with hard work and ones that simply want the item being more accessible to other players? People have a good reason to point out this issue and this is why this thread has so many votes. Not everyone wants to participate in forums too. Some players may not even know a forum exists at all.

It’s priced high for a variety of reasons, including being a legacy item of sorts. I gotta say I don’t think you read thru the rest of this thread if you need more reasoning. We went thru all these points already. It’s not “bad game design”. That is absolutely ridiculous. An item is priced higher than others doesn’t deserve this amount of attention or outrage. Your arguments for being “defensive” are just as accurate thrown back of why are you fighting so hard for an item that goes “toot toot” in different tones. Just grind it like everyone else. It’s not that big of a deal. Since it’s release it has been made MUCH more easier to get. End of story. Those of us who grinded at max 650 tickets per game are totally cool with you guys earning 2.5k in Coin River so just enjoy it already jfc.

I think the wowozela’s price is fine as is, honestly. It’s an annoying item, if it was made affordable everyone could just run around going aaoooaaeeeooo all the time and I’m not sure I want that. There’s already a more easily obtainable wowozela too (the spooky one) if you don’t wanna grind the arcade for ages. It’s sort of an end-game item for the arcade, too, which there aren’t many of at all (only other end-game items I can think of are cosmic catsacks and maybe the milestone trophies for the more grindy plaza areas).

The only thing I’d change is maybe adding the ability to save up for large purchases by putting in smaller amounts of tickets over time, sorta like paying loans in Animal Crossing. I think that’d make it feel more like a long-term goal thing, where you can put in small amounts of tickets over time and eventually accumulate enough to buy it, whereas currently I feel like people feel the need to speed through getting one because you’re not really making any tangible progress until you can actually buy it.

2 Likes

i probably should have specified that i am pro lowering the wowo, what i was trying to say was that i think the wowo has a lot more utility as an item beyond “ooaaoa funny noise”, which is why i think it should be lowered, albeit i was saying it in a sardonic way.

1 Like

3 years later, I still think the reasoning is bad.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t find grinding the Arcade for hours very enjoyable.

It takes about 1m 30s for a coin river game, averaging at around 1500 tickets per game. For 2.5 million tickets this grind will take you almost 42 hours of playing the same Arcade machine repeatedly. During a double ticket weekend, this journey “only” takes 21 hours. Hurray?

Yes, I do indeed think that asking players to spend their entire day on an Arcade machine is bad game design. 2.5 million tickets are not realistically achievable without grinding. I know this very well because I am sitting at around 900,000 tickets, half of which came from frequent visits to the Arcade since its release, and the other half from a long excruciating grinding session on Coin River.

A lot of the responses in this thread just read like “I grinded for it, so you should too”. Such a weird mindset.

I just want an item I enjoyed in Garry’s Mod. I don’t want to spend a whole day staring at the exact same screen for it. Is this really so much to ask?

2 Likes

More like “MANY of us grinded it, so it’s not as impossible or terrible as implied.” But whatever bro I really don’t care anymore especially when half my points are ignored or watered down. Call it bad game design because it’s not as easy as you want, fine, but at the end of the day it’s far easier to get than what was originally asked for at the top of the post… so IDK keep bein upset or not upset or whatever I’m going to go do literally anything else.

You could probably spend less time grinding if you played a game that payed better for the time put in. Pre-buffed Avalanche where it capped at 500 tickets plus a double ticket weekend could get you it in about 18 hours of combined playtime, and it isn’t and never was the fastest option for tickets.

1 Like