Love like a Tower~ Official Release thread!

… got pranked so hard, i though it was real! :frowning:

It’s supposed to be a faithful recreation of them.

I woke up this morning and read this thread, only to go back to bed and crawl in fear.

1 Like

The Internet everyone!

It’s nice to see some feedback guys!

I’m currently working on expanding the game a little, maybe actually getting some characters in there, other things.

If a dev wants me to stop, I can.

[size=6]Also dongleKumquat dlc confirmed.[/size]

Ill just, sit over here then… sniff

3 Likes

Oh, lifeless, Don’t think I forgot about you.

To reveal what you do would spoil everything.

2 Likes

Great game! I haven’t played a dating sim ever, so my only experiences with them were watching Youtubers do them. Therefore, I think you can find it understandable that I was picking this up expecting a silly “game” at which I could laugh at. The beginning seemed to confirm my suspicions that this would be another cheesy trek along someone’s oddball fantasy, but once I got further in it became quite apparent how different this was from the videos I had seen. The storyline kept me in, and I was surprised at how emotional I became by the end. I felt like I was in my character’s shoes, that I was the one making these key decisions. Keep in mind that this was only one of the paths; I haven’t even tried out the other ones yet!

Unfortunately, these things are never perfect. While most of the characters were true to their real-life counterparts, I felt that you made Zak a bit too aggressive. The art, while not particularly bad, just didn’t seem to fit the theme (especially during the Foohy path’s climax). The voice acting was also a bit too cheesy and didn’t ever seem to fit the characters (although, to be fair, I turned them off rather early). The game also seemed rather reference heavy; while I thoroughly enjoyed them, I’m not sure how this would impact someone who hasn’t played GMT before. Apart from these things in the one playthrough I did, the game was fantastic. I will most definitely be keeping an eye on this and I eagerly await a sequel.

TL;DR The game is very well made and contains a surprisingly deep storyline with well developed characters held back by lackluster art and poor narration. 7/10

2 Likes

You just described a finished product that doesn’t exist.

Like, you critiqued my vision.

why does this game exist

i am ashamed of all of you

2 Likes

Well, I’m going to try to make a real one. I just need to decide who the subjects should be. Developers, players, or made-up characters?

tl;dr?
Try listening along instead!~

I’ve made strides of progress since I’ve released this, I’ve already got two devs introduced and personalities outlined, got a good scenario to pander a story around, just having problems with everything else related to a game.

• Need some music (Was thinking about going for a classical guitar theme? That I can do)
  • Need an artist for characters and CGs
  • Need more voice actors, 'cause it’s only me for now

As far as development goes along, gotta say that it’s pretty easy to get something off the ground with Ren’py, the tool I’m using. I’m no developer, I only know a smattering of Java and the rules of Lua. So Ren’py it is until I learn some actual useful skill, like Python.

So what are the characters like, whilst spoiling as little as possible?
Glad you asked. For the sake of making things better, I’ve given Matt giant anime eyes and made him extremely shy and submissive. Foohy will be our typical tsundere with long orange hair and might be our main interest. Y’know, the one that the game obviously tries to get the player with.
Also, Foohy’s a girl now, because tsundere boy isn’t cute.

Coming up with backgrounds is easy, since it’s a place I can just load up and screenshot, crop and drop in to the game’s files. Character design is coming along, as I gotta learn to draw (unless I can find an artist that’s actually crazy enough to do something weird and stupid like this). I’ll probably voice like one character, if nobody thinks my voice is stupid or annoying.

The team obviously making the tower but not “owning” it (in a sense) is going to be a big theme for the game. Tower Unite is something special in the fact that it’s being developed by a small team but is released to the world for everyone and anyone to use how they see fit. There’s ranked servers, sure, but no official “dev hosted” server is announced, and I find it kind of an interesting charity that can have many side effects.

So we’ll touch on that. It may become a main conflict of Mac’s route at some point.

I may be posting little updates like this every now and then, be sure to check in at times :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Wish I could help with voice acting. I just don’t have a quiet place in my house or a private place for that matter.

Ooh, I actually have an idea!

Don’t.

1 Like

Add it as an easter egg in the real game (tower unite)~

I already have the main menu done. Once I get event handling working, I’ll get to work on the actual game.

@Cakemagic
Looks like someone is trying to steal your thunder.

It’s fine. His game will come out different, and I’m excited to see his take on what he will do with it.

I may decide to scrap the idea of dating the devs because that’s really really creepy and instead make up some players that have something to do with tower.

There is quite a lot to do for a visual novel. Lots of art needs to be made, lots of sound effects and music gathered, lots of story line weaving and lots and lots and lots of dialogue. It’s certainly a sizable challenge to pick up and do and I’m glad someone else is giving themselves the same challenge.

hahaha just found this on my desktop, progress has definitely Been picked up but i’m In the part of development where i’m not allowed to talK about anything.

i’m gOnna aim to release thIs alongSide tower unite’s offiCial 1.0 release. sO until then, lOng Live tower!

2 Likes

What the… is this? I’ve found this in the Community Showcase and I’ve been forced to watch this XD

1 Like

Will it have microtransaction? OwO