Lobby 1 Suite (and my history)

I’m going to be honest here, when I heard lobby 2 coming out with a “condo”, I felt a little sad. Don’t get me wrong, I love lobby 2, the condo and its layout, but let me explain…

#Why I joined Tower

2015, Gmod: 40 or so hours
I was playing Gmod and I was trying to find a good server, as I just got Counter-Strike Source (for its textures, etc.)
At the same time I was watching the Yogscast, and then I saw them play a server called Gmtower. In their series, they were having a design contest with the help of Mac. The players, the game worlds, the… suite. It all amused me. I then quickly joined.

2015, Lobby 1, Gmod: 150 or so hours
It has been about 2 months since I joined. I meet many nice people (and some guys that made fun of my squeaky voice), got tons of money, became a VIP, and became obsessed with my suite.

2015, Lobby 1, Gmod: 155 or so hours
A new map called Lobby 2 Beta was announced, and I immediately joined. It was fun. I really liked… but it didn’t feel like much of a tower. After going to check out the suite, I found out it looked different, and it was called a Condo.

2015, Lobby 2, Gmod: 250 or so hours
Gmt feels better. Lobby 2 released… my “Condo” is now pimped.
But I some what miss the suite…

2015, Lobby 2, Gmod: 270 or so hours
Tower Unite announced, Kickstarter fails, Indiegogo launches, I donated $10, I get beta access.

Computer breaks a week after getting Tower Unite (the very ironic and dramatic part)

Ah, here we are.

Anyway, sorry for posting my whole history, I didn’t mean to get into it that much. Anyway, If I had to pick, I would probably go with the suite instead of the condo. So, if by chance, I was wondering if some could make similar layout/build?

6 Likes

I’m waiting for the grand conclusion as you why you joined tower <3 hurry up bro D:

1 Like

Ta da

1 Like

I joined because of the asdfs in 2012

I just LOVED the randomness that GMod Tower was (and still is), I bought CS:S and HL2:EP2 just to play and joined immediately. I couldn’t stop playing, I want to thank everyone from Tower, devs and players, it gave me so many hours of fun and everything. I hope the community doesn’t change in Unite.

The first video I saw of Gmod Tower and the one that made me play it:

Edit: Also, I miss the suites. The condos are more detailed and preetty, but I spent so much time in my suite on lobby one that I think i’d prefer to have it instead of the condos. (Don’t get me wrong, I love the condos, it’s just the nostalgic feel that makes me want to stay with the suites)

2 Likes

Exactly

won’t the TU condo be so customisable that you can make it look like the suites? i thought it was going to be sims-like with customization

And this is how I came across GMTower.

2012, Garry’s Mod approximately 500 hours: Was playing a ton on Sassilization’s gameservers and was browsing the forums as well. I have seen that thing named “GMod Tower” mentioned numerous times. I was wondering what that is and what all the hype around it was, so I checked it out, and was blown away by how awesome it was, but it was down at the time.

August 18th 2012, Garry’s Mod approximately 600 hours: GMod Tower 2 is launched and I join the server for the first time. I go around exploring a little bit and witnessing all the cool stuff it had to offer. (I have to say, the lighting and skybox of the Lobby 1 version at that time was awesome, I like it more than the last one.)

Rest of 2012, Garry’s Mod approximately 800 hours: I get addicted to Ball Race, get all the achievements and milestones for it, and get about 70K GMC.

September/October 2012, GMod Tower about 150 hours: Database is screwed up and I lose all my GMC after a game of UCH. I ask MacDGuy for assistance and he gives me the GMC back, but then I lose it again and it gets fixed again.

December 2012, GMod Tower about 200 hours: First time playing christmas themed Lobby. I buy snow balls, which I still have laying around in my vault to this day.
The Yogscast fan wave arrives and GMTower caught on fire.

October 2014, GMod Tower about 450 hours: I play the ghost hunting gamemode, and it was awesome.

February 2015, GMod Tower about 500 hours: Lobby 2 is released.

April 2015: Tower Unite is announced, Kickstarter campaign fails.

July 2015: IndieGoGo campaign started, it succeeds.

And now we’re here today. (I miss the old 2012 Lobby tbh, I loved the view on the mountains from my suite balcony)

2 Likes

Yeah, but I don’t know if you could make it straight from the editor. Or, maybe my expectations are to low (not in a bad way). I’ll just have to wait and see. :blush:

yup, i do have high expectations on how the customization will be

1 Like

MAN I love BedBananas. He was the reason I got into GMTower as well!

2 Likes