Loading Time

It seems that my game takes a lot of time to load into plaza, it takes about 5 minutes and then drops to 0-1 fps for a few seconds. The game is located on my SSD and i also tried defraging my disc but nothing works. Can i somehow improve loading times?

RAM 8GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Gigabyte)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300

Motherboard: MSI A320M GAMING PRO

DirectX 12

Do you use the game on the pak version? It really improves your load times.

1 Like

Also my game is running with ‘lowbandwidth’ i don’t know if this is affecting the game.

What’s the pak version?

That’s the game version that tower unite installs itself as by default.
Basically all files are packed into one single file in a way that heavily increases loading speed.
So if you want to decrease loading times you can always head back into the beta section in the library properties and set it to “dont participating in any betas”.

Based on what kind of hardware you got, and that tower unite is running on an ssd while your game version is set to “lowbandwidth” then the expected time to join the plaza servers should be around 40 seconds to 1 minute at most.

Since the loading time is 5 minute it seems likely that some game files have become corrupted which could cause a high computer workload based on what files it is that have become corrupted, or your computer is just generally under a high workload.

Based on my own experience the 0 fps for 1 second thing is normal, i have tested HDD with PAK, HDD without PAK, SSD with PAK and SSD without PAK and it seems that on all of these variations there was a very short delay when you had just spawned in the plaza before you could actively hear in game sounds and gained control of your character.
Said delay was noticeably shorter when it’s running on an ssd.

so should i remove the lowbandwidth and replace with beta or NONE?

Replace with none, it’ll go to the default PAK version which will decrease load times.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help and your time.