Just took a look back at the Indiegogo and am pretty disappointed

Giving away backer items to other players would be incredibly disrespectful to the people who backed our project, and we will not be doing this.

5 Likes

It’s suposed to be time-limited and exclusive.

Excuse my snipping of most of this post, but this is indicative of the issue I’m personally concerned about. Why is the cooking system being worked on right now…? It seems fairly complex to create but doesn’t feel like something energy should be put into at the moment.

1 Like

They’re not available as they were rewards for helping us with the initial funding round. The part you circled was in a section of the Indiegogo which was labeled “No Microtransactions.”, hence the bullet point being named “Microtransactions” in Mac’s response post.

We have talked about, and do plan to have a non-backer speed shoe equivalent.

6 Likes

My whole point of posting this was showing that many things that you guys promised to us backers have either been completely shelved or pushed waaaaaaaaaaay to the back burner, to the point where it’s been 5 years and certain things still aren’t in.

It was never about you guys not doing work. Like Ev mentioned, it’s the order that you’re doing the work in. You’re prioritizing new features and things the community as a whole wants, over stuff that was promised to us backers.

To prevent purely posting about negative things, I do want to compliment the work being done on maps and art as I think the art style of the game has vastly improved in recent years. Things used to look a little stiff and drab in certain areas, but improvements like these are a great example of where energy should be going.

1 Like

It’s not being worked on. Look at Trello for what we’re actively working on. The store artwork is being reworked quickly. It’s also not a headliner feature nor is it a solo feature release, nor is it being worked on exclusively. Johanna is busy with track 2 of Sunrise Isles. It’s to prepare for the upcoming updates.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m a backer. I know this. I don’t expect you to. It’s that you did it in the first place, completely contradicting one of your promises for everything to be available. Everything isn’t, since I have certain items that not everyone can get.

1 Like

This is acceptable, I suppose.

Which, I got. That’s why I explained in detail where those features are right now and what is the reasoning behind them being delayed/changed since then.

1 Like

Backer Rewards always will carry their own problems in any context. It’s FoMO at it’s finest.

While I missed the Backer rewards and am a bit miffed I won’t get that sweet Lobby 1 Diorama, I completely get that it’s tied to the IGG campaign supporters and don’t have too major of an issue with it. Though from what I’ve seen, some Backer rewards should have non-exclusive equivalents (I think “Speed Runners” are the free speed boots?) and others need a bit more flair.
Also imo Backer Flame particles (it’s fire after all) should be public with a Backer exclusive variant done in rainbow (or something) so they stand out more.

3 Likes

Yo, very off-topic, but can I just say that Billy’s new jawline got me geekin’.

*Urban DIctionary definition 3

1 Like

Billy is in all of our hearts.

6 Likes

And I got that. I mean, it’s your game, you guys gotta do what you gotta do. That doesn’t mean I have to agree with it, though.

Sure, I get that priorities change and I’m glad that most things will be added eventually. My biggest complaint is the few straight up broken promises like VR support and that really interesting sounding matchmaking system for the Plaza servers.

VR support, in particularly, was the one thing that pushed me over the edge and convinced me to donate. I had never donated to a crowdfunded project before (or since) because I had seen too many fall through to ever trust one. But, as soon as I heard that you guys were making basically a better version of GMT AND in VR no less, I was sold.

That’s why I was so crushed when you guys changed your mind about VR support. Not only had you broken that trust, but you removed the one thing that convinced me to donate. If it weren’t for VR, I would have just hoped it succeed and just bought it when it came out.

That’s why I’ve been so mad for years now and why I keep harping on it for years now.

IMO, physical rewards would’ve been better because they wouldn’t effect the content of the game at all.

Virgil is also in all of our hearts.

Physical rewards are a much, much bigger hurdle because you have to license out to a manufacturer, fund it, and then distribute it. Though, the Merch store does sorta fill that purpose now.

We don’t have the infrastructure for those.

1 Like

Oh I know. I mean, that is why they decided to do digital rewards. I just still think it would’ve been better.