Join Matchmaking from Anywhere

Right now hardly anyone uses the matchmaking function in game ports. It seems that most people just start up a game from the main menu. It’s a shame because most of the games are more fun with a bunch of people playing them.

I think matchmaking would be improved a lot if you could join the matchmaking queue straight from the main menu, synced across all the regions. It would also allow people to do something else, like fishing or decorating their condo, while they wait to join a game.

That’s not how TU’s “matchmaking” works. It’s not even a real matchmaking system, it’s really just a shortcut button for the gameworld ports server

1 Like

The gameworld ports used to just be in the actual Plaza server itself before it was changed years ago.
The new system has always felt odd to me and I’ve been wondering for a while now if the devs have any plans to overhaul how the Gameworld Ports/Matchmaking works, but honestly I don’t even know what they’d do with it. Converting it to a menu could potentially work but I’m unsure.

1 Like

That’s why I created this suggestion. Having to go to the gameworld ports server is really cumbersome, it’d be nice if you could join a queue directly from the menu from anywhere instead of having to wait around in the gameworld ports server.

Matchmaking as it’s implemented now doesn’t really make any sense. It’d probably be a big overhaul to add actual matchmaking to the game, but I think it’d really improve the amount and variety of players in game worlds

2 Likes

i agree with you 100% on this, i had gave my own idea on how it should work

i do hope something like this is added since part of the charm of GMT was being able to que for a game and then being able to carry on decorating your suite or grinding for lobby achievements while waiting for someone to join,
currently the one main thing that makes me sad is wanting to play something like LC but no one will join and im stuck staring at a waiting screen for like 10 minutes to an hour when that type could be spent doing something else while waiting.

2 Likes

I understand that this would be a mega nightmare to put in but I do hope we see it someday. My gut feeling is that it’d really be beneficial to the health of the game. Especially for modes like Virus and LC.

3 Likes