Item Suggestions Megathread

Bat Gun
Celebrations, Equippable
Shoot the living type of bat with this spooky gun!

Giant Pumpkin
Celebrations
This pumpkin is as big as a tree!

1 Like

I was thinking of a couple of items for the player model, specifically the glasses section.

I would like a single-piece visor sunglasses, much like the Spy Optic Tron model, as seen here:

One I would much enjoy in Tower Unite is almost the same design, but this specific model of sunglasses has lights inside the lens

The inspiration is from the ChemiOn glasses (https://www.chemionglasses.com/)

Here are some sample images:

I would LOVE to have these glasses inside TU! ^w^

7 Likes

I love the canvases and such, but I would love if there was some way to actually draw on them or make drawings. Be it through a new item or some addition to the canvases. I think it would definitely be a great way to liven up condos.

3 Likes

damn these look good

1 Like

Some items for those gaming setups out there :
A standing microphone :

External sound card :

And place-able headphones would be neat.

Canvas Slide Projector

Directly project a linked picture and can stay constantly on even after re-entering itā€™s condo, faster to set up than the Media Projector too

Edit:
Also, it could stack multiple picture link at once or a whole collection of picture link (like an imgur album) with the possibility to switch between the slides

4 Likes

And a clown will jump out of it

1 Like

Code doors for security in electronic shop. Like this one:

Pleaseā€¦ More privacy for people in their rooms :frowning:

4 Likes

Something different thatā€™s for sure - but could be fun if added the game :wink:

INSERT HANZO MEME HEREā€¦

yes.

Snow Machine

http://www.impacteffects.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/snow-machine-02.jpg

9 Likes

Snow canon? snow blaster? snow gun? Snow Gunner?

gud names!

Ushanka hat please

2 Likes

inserts ra ra rasputin

I reckon that some wings would be awesome as a backpack cosmetic. Customizable attatchment and colour would be great for this

4 Likes

Iā€™d rather wings as an item, personally.
A double jump, or maybe infinite jumps instead of the flight of a jetpack.

2 Likes

Here are some item ideas I came up with.
Christmas Tree
A festive tree that came with free ornaments and lights.
From Holiday Events, Customizable Lights
Igloo
A small ice igloo.
From Holiday Events
Dreidel
A bigger than usual dreidel.
Colorable, Spinnable, Celebrations, Holiday
Menorah
A menorah.
Celebrations
Cookies
A pile of delicious cookies.
Fresh Food and Smoothies
Milk Carton
You can drink it. Itā€™s not alive, I think.
Fresh Food and Smoothies, Canvas (missing person sign)
Calendar
A great way to see what day it is without using a phone.
Canvas (Background), Robā€™s Imports
Snow-Covered Rock
A rock covered in snow.
Seasons, Holiday
Snow Pile
A great way to hide from your friends and throw snowballs at them.
Seasons, Holiday
Green Screen
Great for pretending youā€™re rich or took a vacation to Hawaii.
Robā€™s Imports
New Years Counter
A timer that counts to New Years Day.
Holiday, Celebrations
Garden Gnome
A both welcoming and scary gnome.
Robā€™s Imports, Colorable
Treadmill
Use it, please.
Central Circuit

7 Likes

Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) materials, furniture, and items would be great.

Chinese New Year is coming soon too, and itā€™ll be great to have some items dedicated to the theme, like Chinese lanterns, hongbao (red packets), Chinese firecrackers, chunlian (wall scrolls/couplets) etc.

6 Likes

Camcorder(s).

I know thereā€™s a security camera already in game, but what Iā€™m proposing is something of actual functionality.

The item itself comes in 2 variants. A camcorder on a tripod, or a camcorder that a player can hold and use. (It could be the same item - placing it in your hotbar makes it usable as a hotbar item, or placing it in your condo places it on a tripod automatically)

Both have pretty much the same features/functionality, but the key difference is one is portable and the other is stationary/hands-free.

When you ā€˜useā€™ the camera, you are presented with a UI that allows you to adjust the camera. You are given a preview of what the camera ā€˜seesā€™ so that you can align it properly etc.
It has various options, such as sound on/off, video on/off (this way you can record either JUST video or JUST sound, or both together), zoom, slow motion (so, it records at higher FPS so that you can play it back at 30/60 fps and itā€™ll be slower), night vision, plus a bunch of different filters.

There is also an output option, where you can browse to a folder (could be monolithic so you can only choose one specific folder under your TU installation, or maybe My Documents or something). Then, when you record, it saves the video to that folder, so that you can access it, upload it to YT, share it, etc. Basically just an MP4 file for you to do as you wish with it.

Some might ask ā€˜then why not use a screen capture program like OBS?ā€™
Thatā€™s because using OBS or other screen cap software requires you, the player, to stay stationary and hide your UI (is that even an option?) to grab a recording of whatever youā€™re looking at.
This obviously isnā€™t viable if, say, Iā€™m doing something in my Art Studio and want it to be recorded, because I canā€™t be on the drums and be recording myself on the drums at the same time. (Well, I could, but I would be limited in what camera angles I can capture from)

So, having a stationary camera that I can move and adjust would serve this purpose.

Lastly, the stationary/tripod camera should have an option to stream to any TV/media player in my condo. (As well as the security camera).
This could be done by using any TV/media player in my condo, and selecting an option that lists all cameras in my condo, selecting one, and the TV will show whatever that camera sees.
This would be great for not only letting people set up security cams in the condo, but also for those who want to see a visual feedback of their self-recordings in their art studio or whatnot.

Media Players to support GIFs and static images

Seems like a bit of an oversight to let media players (TVs, etc) handle YT, SC and Twitch inputs, but not GIFs or static images (png, jpeg).

Please add this functionality. Like a blank canvas, simply let us insert an image URL, and support GIFs.

Furthermore, allow us to cycle through images within an album. One of two approaches:

1. Allow us to build our image album in-game
  2. Just have it hook into the imgur album feature

Either way, let us save albums, and set the pace at which media players cycle through images in an album.

For GIFs, let us set them to looped or not.

Iā€™m perhaps not the only one here who would like to have my TVs simply cycle through some images, or toss up a static image of a desktop on my computer monitorsā€¦ or even to use monitors/TVs as a clever way to display information in public condos (and the upcoming community condo feature)

Table Top Sim

The item name is ā€˜game tableā€™.
Place it down in your condo.

Admin interacts with the table and can set up games. Comes with a list of predefined games and game accessories, like playing cards, chess, checkers, chinese checkers, GO, etc etc etc.
The predefined games come with ā€˜built in rulesā€™, such as checkers passing turns, chess with a clock, and scoreboards for games that use them.

In addition, the game table has a free-form mode. You can use assets that come with the table, or you can pull assets from the Workshop. Itā€™s up to the players to abide by any ā€˜rulesā€™, since they wonā€™t be built in due to it being free form. However, the admin can set up some basic parameters for the game, such as a basic scoreboard you can manually tick up or down/enter values into during the game. Could just be a notepad onscreen and you can set one or more people as the scorekeepers, and they can write and edit the notepad, which appears for everyone at the table.

For Workshop support, players can create game asset collections, plus script in any built in rules and scorekeeping. Players who load in these game collections from the workshop are able to turn on/off the built in rules. This way, if I just want the game assets but not the rules, I can do that.
The Workshop SDK should have tools needed to allow modders to create fully functional table top games, including built in rules and scorekeeping, and options for players to adjust.

The game tableā€™s appearance can be changed to best suit the game. Or, instead of a table, it could be an object a condo admin can place anywhere, and players can interact with it to setup and play tabletop games.

3 Likes

Dart Pistol
ā€œConfettiā€™s nice, Bubbles are pretty and potatoes are plentiful, But when You need something to get the Boogeyman out of your closet, look no further then this handy foam-slinger from everyoneā€™s favorite toy company.ā€
Available in the Toy Shop, Equippable.
Dart Rifle
"The Dart pistol is nice, But what happens when the Boogeyman buys a bullet proof vest? You buy this thing, obviously, letā€™s see that spooky son of a gun ruin Your sheets again TONIGHT.
Dart Machine-gun
ā€œItā€™s official, the Boogeyman wont be going home to His family tonight.ā€
Dart Rocket-Launcher
ā€œThis isnā€™t self-defense anymore, THIS IS WAR.ā€
Dart Cannon
ā€œThis Baby fires darts the size of cannonballs, If this doesnā€™t stop that damned Boogeyman, I donā€™t know what willā€
Available in the Toy Shop, Mountable ā€œTurretā€, can be placed in Condo.
Dart Nuke
ā€œThis has gone on long enough, Itā€™s time for the nuclear option!ā€
Available in the Toy Shop, Placed in Condo, starts countdown when activated, when countdown reaches zero, Your condo is put into a ā€œconfetti stormā€.
White/Blank Flag
ā€œI guess Weā€™ll just have to learn to accept it.ā€
Available in the Robā€™s Imports, Equippable, Canvas. (Blank and white by default)

7 Likes