Item Suggestions Megathread

duck pet
and that sword misty always uses in gmt, i’m jealous :rage:

4 Likes

To go with some more miniature items, some miniature buildings (not mini Lobby 1).

http://www.miniaturebuildingauthority.com/prodimages/25mm%20European%20Buildings/10202-1_large.jpg

(Some of them are copyrighted in the worst case, but I can’t imagine this.)

And to go with Tanooki’s idea of a fancy PC tower, maybe some fancy computer peripherals too, just to go with a theme? But not too fancy.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81pfDrz7kaL.SL1500.jpg
https://www.roccat-shop.org/out/pictures/master/product/2/roc-11-811_rgb_002.jpg

And I’m sorry if anything of this is already in the game.

11 Likes

I think most people don’t know they’re in Animal Crossing (I certainly didn’t), but if they did I think something very well might be said. Animal Crossing is a good example of the boundaries of appropriation, though.

American and European culture has tried to present itself as “generic” and “universal”, which is why you don’t hear people saying that, you know, the recreation of the Central Perk coffee shop from Friends in Beijing is appropriative, for instance. Animal Crossing includes a lot of that “generic” culture, but it does include things from other cultures, and the inclusion of Japanese things in AC is justifiable because it’s a Japanese game, localised into English. So people who interact with and are a part of that culture on a daily basis have used it in a product that we’re getting from them, and that’s okay.

But if the TU developers aren’t Native American and were to include a totem pole without heavily involving a willing, experienced-with-totems-and-a-Native-culture-in-general Native person in its creation, that would be appropriation, as people who are not connected with the culture have tried to associate something with it without consulting someone from the culture they are interacting with.

The point made above about it being an appreciation vs a mockery is fair, but cultural appropriation isn’t necessarily about mocking the culture it comes from (though that is still a dick move). If you buy a dreamcatcher from a Native artisan, and hang it in your room, that’s not appropriation because the source was someone linked to the culture through family. If you buy a dreamcatcher from a white artisan in Boston, they may have put the same amount of love and care into the dreamcatcher as the Native artisan, but they aren’t Native American, and they aren’t part of any of the many Native cultures simply because they don’t originate from one of them, so it is appropriation.

It’s a complex issue, so my understanding may not be comprehensive, and my explanation may not be the best, so I recommend heading over to http://littlebittyindian.tumblr.com/faq (a blog written by a Native person) where point number 4 is probably the most relevant here. I like the entire blog, though, and there’s loads of instances there where this issue and other issues affecting indigenous peoples are discussed, so I encourage anyone who’s interested to look around and have a good read of it.

5 Likes

Something that bugged me, we have everything’s plushy but …

-Cat plushy
-Dog plushy

^ we don’t even have this yet? owo

11 Likes

I’d kill for some Tiki Torches by my pool, pretty please?

14 Likes

a cutout from the developers would be nice

9 Likes

Foohy Cutout? :3

16 Likes

Tree. Grass.

(picture from www.waitbutwhy.com)

12 Likes

Matt’s 3 week old yoghurt cup on his desk.
please i need this

14 Likes

There will be a Burger Bean bag :smiley:

3 Likes

If you want to get into the specifics, totem poles aren’t specifically just found in Native American culture.

2 Likes

Time for some more of my verbal diarrhea!

• Skateboard Deck wall art (preferably with Canvas support)

• VHS tapes + VHS player
  • Floppy disks
  • Heart shaped bed
  • Pizza box
  • Glass display case (for trophies and other valuable stuff)

• Giant teddy bear
  • Train set
  • Dollhouse + Dollhouse furniture
  • Tabletop RPG Miniature pieces

• Decorative art supplies
  • Drafting table
  • Totally-not-LEGO construction toy table

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71LrJtrfquL.SL1500.jpg

16 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me! After all, I’m not part of any culture that totem poles are important to, so I wouldn’t know everywhere they’re found. Do you happen to know of any other cultures totem poles are found in? It might be a good idea for the devs to consult with them as well if they’d like to put totem poles in the game.

1 Like

OH YEEEES, A tabletop RPG game owo that’d be so epic, and the figures are separated items so You can’t place there wherever you want on the tabletop

6 Likes

Lego (Which if placed near a bed can kill you)

Game Controllers (like an Xbone controller)

5 Likes

Remodeled Hola Doll!

(Has vietnam flashback about Spin-To-Win wheels)

5 Likes

My bad suggestions (sorry if they are in the game all ready.)

1. A picture frame that you could put a picture in, it would look good.

2. Some kind of oddly satisfying three dimensional model, if animated 10x better.

3. A snowball that you can throw or use in a duel

4. A free bear hug sign (for the kawaii side)

8 Likes

…Drug Unite?

1 Like

A computer mouse.

7 Likes

Liquor Unite, I’d say.

4 Likes