Item Suggestions Megathread

Well I’m not a professional for Item suggestion but:

-Slides that you can place everywhere (or near the swimming pool)

-Sandbox

-Tourniquet

-Chocolate Fountain
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61edzLeM1cL.SY355.jpg

-Plate Cover

-Miniature small old vehicle replica

-Miniature gardens

http://www.designferia.com/sites/default/files/images/5-mini-jardin-miniature.jpg

-Theater Light

that’s all I can think of for now

38 Likes

Yes, please

1 Like

Mustaches.

6 Likes

Custom text shirt: Place your biased opinions on display for everyone to see.

23 Likes

A little toy train from the toy store that puffs out steam when you press E on it, and possibly one of those tables where there’s a mini town and a train goes around it.

10 Likes

animal pets that arn’t melons, cats, or dogs, stuff like hamsters, iguanas, big aquariums, ferrets, maybe even with ferrets they can come with you outside of the condo and when in the house they could animate like the dalmatians in the dalmatian house from kingdom hearts 1. the one that would always follow you

6 Likes

Catsacks that don’t dissapear when you press E on them. RIP Foohy’s catsack band.

12 Likes

Should be more likely an option that you can change in properties of the catsack, like “openable yes/no” and you prevent accident

13 Likes

call it a “first amendment shirt”

5 Likes

C’mon, Mac. You’re probably teasing us, adding the items that YOU listed. For shame… :pensive:

3 Likes

Uh, I want a shirt that you can attach an image to, like the canvas.

9 Likes

a large gramophone

4 Likes

Since I’m more into doing stuff I’ve been thinking of items that could have unique proprieties and interactions. I was planning to add them myself by modding but I’ll still suggest them. These are crazy ideas, but I’ve been thinking of ways to spice up the interactions the players can have in condos. I’ll leave the less wacky ideas to the bottom.

Wacky and Code-Necessary Items

• Jukebox
    Option 1: The Condo Owner who owns the Jukebox can queque up to 10 music tracks and visitors can vote for the musics they want. (The musics would be saved).
    Option 2: Work simply as a Media Player.
    Using the same system from Pulse Nightclub, the lights would change depending on the music waves.

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/1280x1920/g_j/Jukebox-Brides-25sep13_alamy_b.jpg

• Table Tennis
    Two players can get on both side of the tables. When the match starts, the players can control the paddles with the cursor and have to avoid the ball going off the table. The ball velocity increases as the ball is paddled around.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BiGSHIEYL.jpg

• Anti-Gravity Fan
    This one is wild! Basically a placa-able floor enormous fan that causes a similar effect to the Jetpack when you step in, sending everybody who’s on it flying until a certain point where the gravity stabilizes.

• Dartboard
    Derivated from the Weapon System, the player could pick up a set of darts from the Dart Board which he could fire in a similar way to the guns in other games. From there, is just point at the board.

http://images.sportsdirect.com/images/imgzoom/76/76509190_xxl.jpg

And now for the less wacky ideas (Static Items):

• Gun Display Cases
    A previously suggested item of mine that has sank into the depths of the forums. Basically, the Virus and PvP guns inside display cases for admiration. Could work as achievement items.

http://www.adkinswoodandknife.com/wp-content/uploads/media/161-color.jpg

• Bonsais
    In case the plant system which was planned ever gets in, Bonsais seem one of the most logical plants to be added. In case it doesn’t, as a simple item it will do.

• Tents
    A simply cliche tent that you could place in the garden section or the beach section. They act in the same way as beds, restoring the drunk state back to zero.

• BBQ Grill
    Because the only there’s nothing like a fine steak. Could be used for the Cooking Expansion perhaps?

• Cupcake Display
    Just to remind you that virtual food isn’t real.

• Wall Clocks
    Display the time. I just noticed these were never a part of Tower just now, huh.

And for now I’ll leave at that. Although I don’t expect most of these items to even be possible, I think their worth suggesting. I will try to suggest simpler stuff another time, like Wearables and Common Items. I wanted to take my first shot at this thread to suggest somewhat unique stuff.

(also make it so one in every twenty chance of placing a whale plushie it spawns with a top hat)

44 Likes
  • Hoverboards (rideable boards that actually hover, preferably work over water)
  • Magnets (could be useful for picking up Units off of the ground, or for giving the classic "GMC hovers to or from you when a transaction is complete" effect from GMT)
  • GPS devices (shows coordinates; great for geocaching in-game, hoping that it is actually implemented...)
  • Gliders (glide from the Plaza island to any of the surrounding islands with style)
  • Teleporters (think PSHome teleporter pads, except made better)
  • Smoke machines (not sure if these are in or not)
  • Disco dance floor pads (again, like the PSHome floor pads. Some disco floor pads could be used for building board games on your floor, while the others had a sequence of colors and patterns to loop through in a 8x8? grid each.)
  • Logic system (Logic gates, input and output devices; perhaps similar to Wiremod, would be nice to have laser puzzles and such.)
  • Rugs (are these even in TU yet?)
  • Popcorn and Ice Cream makers (probably not functional, but they would be cool to have)
  • Hoverpads (like hoverboards, hoverpads hover above the ground. perhaps the user can change the height at which they hover to create easy hovering walkways and floating forts in their condo space. very useful for building)
  • Items that change gameplay mechanics in the condo (not quite sure what these would be yet, but they seem necessary. maybe some change gravity when players are near them)
  • Placeable floating blobs of water (you can now swim in a bubble of floating water. how nice)
  • Grappling Hooks (great for climbing the Tower, or just swing about on the smaller islands or condo space)
  • Fans (small desk fans, or ceiling fans, or tower fans, or even giant fans that push players)
  • Tower Unite game case (used for decoration, possibly fished up)
  • Printers, copy machines etc. (again, not sure if these are in yet or not)

I’ll think of some more ideas later.

35 Likes

A nice list to seperate ideas and stuff:

• A Snow globe

• minifigures of gamemode exclusive playermodels (infected, Little Crusaders models, ZM zombies)

• rubber duck

• large lego bricks, like what you see at the toy shop

• Newton’s Cradle

• Plants, like office plants and other greenery.

• A mounted bicycle

• glow in the dark stars for you to hot glue to your ceiling this is my aesthetic plz put in

• a soda machine

• a cassette player

• party supplies (disposable plates and napkins and balloons)

• large stone statues for topiary gardens

23 Likes
  • A CLOSED Cardboard Box (the current cardboard box is open, which is not optimal for fort building)
  • A projector stand (Preferably one that has adjustable height, if possible)
  • Neon signs, condiment bottles, napkin containers, basically anything that I can use to make a 50’s styled diner

https://www.asid.org/sites/default/files/Corvette5.jpg

• This:

• A game console and controllers
  • Working mirrors
  • Those awesome little rugs with roads for toy cars

• Hamburger beanbag
  • A decorative card house
  • Wacky cartoon furniture

26 Likes

Yes, then we can make our very own PeeWee’s playhouse

11 Likes

Those are cool as hell, but AFAIK they’re kind of an integral part of Native culture. I’m a bit concerned it could be appropriation.

1 Like

That did cross my mind, but I feel like it would be more of an appreciation for the culture instead of a mockery. I dunno. If I have to depend on the Workshop for it I will.

1 Like

I mean they’re in animal crossing, and I haven’t seen anything brought up about that :confused:

3 Likes