I cant chat ingame

Summary of bug here.

Steps to Reproduce

I cant chat ingame, its only my second day of playing and the first day chat worked,i could see peoples chat and also chat. Second day chat does not work at all. Y and Enter does not work. Tab does not work. I dont know what to do.

Just in case, you have tried to disconnect and reconnect and or restart the game? you might also want to try and press f5 since it’s the keybind for hiding the interface.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion @netforce10 , I tried out like you suggested, logged out/logged in to steam and restarted my game, also pressed F5 on/off and tried to press Y/Enter both times yet it did not work.
I can use voice chat but i dont know why my chat button wont work at all. It literally does nothing. Worst part is i cant even change the keybinding to another key to see if im game is bugged or not.

Try checking in the gameplay settings and ensure you have chat enabled.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion @macdguy . I did check the settings and it was enabled. I disabled and reenabled it again. It does nothing. Also i noticed that i can change the key binding for chat so i did so, even the new key binding to a different alphabet does not work. Im at a loss on how to fix this. Just to add i have not been banned from chat, i literally have had the game for maybe 4 days?
I tried it the first day to speak to some lovely people and it has not worked from the second day onwards.

1 Like

are you trying to use the global chat? if so, that’s been acting strangely for a while since it gets unstable when too many people are playing. local chat should still work fine

1 Like

I’ve been trying to use global or local chat. Local chat mainly because sometimes i see the yellow chat bubble above peoples head and i want to join in but i cant see the chat box, so i cant join them to chat. Voice works okay tho.

1 Like