[Hotfix 0.1.1.5] Minigolf Waterhole: Last Hole gets Stuck

On Minigolf, the last hole in waterhole, you can see in this video how we get stuck, and its definitely not ping:

https://youtu.be/1Rbkcrp3UNE

Please search the forums before posting

Also you say that the recording shows how you got stuck, but in reality you just showed that you were stuck, not how it came to happen.

None of those are what happened. You would know if you watched the video.

I looked at the video, and I can’t quite tell where you’re stuck, I would know if you described your bugs.

1 Like

I did in the in-game chat but ill do it for your sake. The hole opens up and we fall through, the cart starts moving, but then… we teleport back to the funnel and it repeats.

1 Like

Did you have any other issues earlier in the course, like being unable to putt and such? If so, this might be caused by the host having low framerate. UE4’s physics calculations frown upon such issues.

i didn’t realise it showed us dropping for you, on my screen nothing happened at all. Very strange

dude i have 60 fps constantly so that would be a no i had no trouble with putting

oh thats weird

I believe this issue is caused by the host having a low framerate

2 Likes

The thing I most dislike about Unreal 4 is its physics implementation.

Asking you to reimplement the physics system in minigolf is way too much right? UE4’s physics system isn’t really suited for a turn-based game like minigolf. A physics system for minigolf that is very predictable and independent from the host’s framerate would be quite complicated. I can imagine implementing a super accurate physics system for billiard, where every bounce is calculated before they are drawn and animated. But adding a third dimension along with complex geometry makes it much harder.
Anyway that’s nothing you can solve in a few hours and hence has a lower priority right now, right?

Minigolf isn’t turn based. Unreal’s physics system is fine, it’s just the way they step through the simulation that is not fine.

We’ve already got a fix for the frame rate issue. Redoing the physics is not the solution. Unreal uses frame dependent stepping for its physics. We’re switching it for Minigolf to fixed time step. We haven’t implemented it yet because we’re still testing it as it’s a massive change. It’s not a thing you can solve in a couple hours, no.

1 Like

Like I said

ooohhh