This is the final update on the current state of GMod Tower: Reunion, which was previously discussed here (Reunion):
The GMod Tower: Reunion server is now online and available to play!
As has been established in our previous posts, GMod Tower is being presented as it was before 2015, featuring Lobby 1. There will be no additional maps, bug fixes, or other developments on GMod Tower besides adjustments that will allow the game to run properly as it was. Tower Unite is our focus and all of our development efforts will be spent there.
There are a few remaining minor issues with GMod Tower that we know about. We spent time and effort trying to resolve these issues, but we ultimately couldn’t afford to spend more time on it (as we already put in a full month and half of paid development time on it, and we need to work on Tower Unite). These minor issues are:
- Blocking system does not work properly and was ultimately disabled
- Source Karts: Kart color does not work
- Minigolf: HIO rocket doesn’t launch the ball
- NPC eyes are always closed
- Pool tubes have a visual issue when entering them
- Theater idlescreen doesn’t loop properly
- Now playing message doesn’t work for theater due to theater media player changes
Overall, there were 104 bugs (several major issues) and 4 major refactors (such as redoing the networking engine) that had to be done to get it all working properly. A lot of time and care was put into ensuring each feature worked as it was in Lobby 1.
We have more information on how you can join the server and more on: https://www.gmtower.org/reunion/play/
Thank you for your patience,